Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
It's a new month! It's Halloween month! And new updates on the official GL board.

Welcome everyone, time for another monthly update and got some nice tidbits for you.

First off is....

---- Of the Month ----

Congrats to the two winners of the Month, lb alakazam for winning member of the month and me for making an awesome topic of the month called Death of MMOs.

Be sure to cast your votes for this month here:

http://gaminglatest.com/threads/october-of-the-month-nominations.76600/

---- Software Update ----

This past week, I got our forum software upgraded from Xenforo 1.4.X to 1.5.1. With such a major jump in number, I thought for sure there would be issues but I'm happy to report there wasn't one problem. If we were on IPB, I would have faced a lot of issues. Also thanks to our skin maker, all skins have been updated and reorganizing into better management. Please note that Zipped is now called Gaming Latest Light, and our custom called Gaming Latest Dark. I've also updated some the GFX on the site, including the favicon and advertising images and the custom banner as well as get the custom nodes onto the light skin.

So for software updates, the recent changes have been added:

Recent thread creation on the sidebar - Like our IPB site, we now have a sidebar displaying recent created topics on the board.

Welcome messages - For the new members, I can now send you an auto welcome message to better inform you of our forum!

Message Alert - I can now send mass PMs to all members, I may just use this instead of mass email.

Thread Tagging - Like our IPB site, tags have returned to new topic posting. Using this lets users find more specif topics quicker and also improves our SEO. I strongly encourage all members to use a tag or two.

Security has also been improved, first is a two step verification login. Basically this is something that better secures your account at the cost of a simple login. Since I'm not aware of any login issues/hacks, this is not enabled at this time. Password change has also improved, instead of sending you a new password in a email. You will be given a link that will allow you to enter the board to input a new email directly. As always, make sure you have admin@gaminglatest.com white listed in your email settings.

Profile posts have generally been improved as well.

And since we have Xenforo 1.5.1 installed, this makes the 1.5 series more stable to use. Should you encounter any issues, let staff know here or in the feedback board.

---- The Forum is Ready! ----

I am happy to announce that the forum is in a stable state, meaning I can finally concentrate on the activity side of the forum. Till the end of the year I will focus on advertising which I will post a topic soon which will hold more info.

---- Arcade ----

Two new games added this month, Frogger and Air Hockey. May the best gamer get the scores.

---- Thanks for sticking with us! ----

Our second update done folks, thanks for being a member of this forum and more greatness to come. To staff members, keep an eye on the staff board this week for a important announcement.

So enjoy your Halloween everyone!

---- Stats ----

We currently have 177,371 posts and 1,661 members. In the past month we got 1,424 posts and 7 new members!

Last edited:
Reactions: lb
Nearly 2000 posts in just one month is a great achievement!
Good work everyone!

Back