Harry Potter Vs. The Lord of the Rings

Nomad

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Well, it is not good to compare these two movie series as they both are fantastic. But since they both are based on books and explore fantasy, I would like to know what you guys think about these two movie series. As far as I am concerned, I liked The Lord of the Rings more than Harry Potter. My only reason is Harry Potter is a little melodramatic.

I like the vibe of Lord of the Rings better. It got copied by Bionicle and Spyro but it's still a solid story.

I like both series for different reasons. But if I have to pick one then I'm going to go with Harry Potter.

I prefer Lord of the Rings because of the mythical creatures and storyline in the movies.

A hardcore Harry Potter fan will always go for Harry Potter movies over Lord of The Rings. I love Potter but LotR is more epic.

I have watched both but of the two, Harry Potter was the one I managed to get into quickly and stay interested in as opposed to Lord of the Rings.

I remember the huge debate of which was best when they were really popular years ago. I wouldn't say either is bad just that Lord of the Rings is not one I could get into.

I have watched both but of the two, Harry Potter was the one I managed to get into quickly and stay interested in as opposed to Lord of the Rings.

I remember the huge debate of which was best when they were really popular years ago. I wouldn't say either is bad just that Lord of the Rings is not one I could get into.
Which one of Lord of The Rings you couldn't get into watching? Is it the movie or TV shows?

Harry Potter is probably the biggest series of my childhood, but I am fan of the books, not movies, which I don't like very much. When LotR movies are great (although of course, once again, books are better :) ).

Back