Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

So I just finished this really awesome game, that takes me way back to the days I would sit in front of a very large tube tv playing classic RPGs of similar nature. I loved everything about this game from its deep and complex battle system, to its flip-flopping world traveling and managing to do back tracking done right. Hard to believe Atlus of all companies managed to bring something like this out and did it right, Square Enix could learn from this game *Glares at the FF 1-6 remasters*

The voices are also great, I could listen to Dan Woren (fennel) say thaumatech all day or just keep listening to Hugo's (Patrick Seitz) talking on and on.

So anyone here play this. I recommend it.

I played the original on the NDS, and as much as I loved it idk if I can bring myself to play it again. Its one of those games I can only play once.

And imo Atlus has always done a great job with their remakes, sequels and spin offs. When it comes to the Megami Tensei franchise mostly. Still nowhere close to what Nintendo managed to do with Mario, but SMT, Persona and Devil Survivor are all sub franchises that have been doing great throughout the decades. I'm actually hoping they release a new Devil Survivor game soon.

As for Square Enix, I've had mixed feelings about most of the Final Fantasy games that followed VII. The Tactics games are another story, but it's been a while since we've had a new one. It's been 13 years since A2. And while not as popular, I feel like the Dragon Quest franchise has been doing way better in terms of quality/novelty.

And it saddens me that Golden Sun could've been right there with these gigantic franchises if they didn't mess up Dark Dawn then just give up on it completely. The main story alone could've gone up to maybe 5 or 6 episodes, plus spin-offs and such.

I played the original on the NDS, and as much as I loved it idk if I can bring myself to play it again. Its one of those games I can only play once.

And imo Atlus has always done a great job with their remakes, sequels and spin offs. When it comes to the Megami Tensei franchise mostly. Still nowhere close to what Nintendo managed to do with Mario, but SMT, Persona and Devil Survivor are all sub franchises that have been doing great throughout the decades. I'm actually hoping they release a new Devil Survivor game soon.

As for Square Enix, I've had mixed feelings about most of the Final Fantasy games that followed VII. The Tactics games are another story, but it's been a while since we've had a new one. It's been 13 years since A2. And while not as popular, I feel like the Dragon Quest franchise has been doing way better in terms of quality/novelty.

And it saddens me that Golden Sun could've been right there with these gigantic franchises if they didn't mess up Dark Dawn then just give up on it completely. The main story alone could've gone up to maybe 5 or 6 episodes, plus spin-offs and such.

I mention Square Enix because they bomb and made their games ugly with the recent 1-6 remasters. This game proves you can still have great looking classics with perfect portrait images.

I mention Square Enix because they bomb and made their games ugly with the recent 1-6 remasters. This game proves you can still have great looking classics with perfect portrait images.

Aye, was just gonna point out that Atlus has been doing a great job with its main franchises, but then I kinda went onto a rant lol.

Time for some Raynie's PLOT fan art lol:
alIRVww.jpg

4yHSasm.jpg

Saw more PLOT fan art:
vuzx1QD.jpg

4t6J51l.jpg

Last edited:
Saw more art:
Nm0oCno.jpg

saw another art
n4ikBDz.jpg

Back