Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
In a new report by BleepingComputer, Sony confirmed that it suffered two major data breaches earlier this year, with the first taking place on May 28, just three days before a zero-day vulnerability in the MOVEit Transfer platform was discovered. This flaw allowed Clop ransomware users to extract Sony’s code remotely, which in turn led to the personal information of 6,791 people in the US being compromised. This virtual break-in was discovered on June 2, after which Sony launched an investigation into the matter with the help of external cybersecurity experts and law enforcement. So far, Sony believes that the incident was limited to that one particular software platform.

A second breach occurred late last month, with Sony reporting that up to 3.14 GB of data had been stolen from its online systems. Two separate hackers claimed to be responsible for this, with each one sharing a leaked dataset containing details for the SonarQube platform, certificates, Creators Cloud, incident response policies, a device emulator for generating licenses, and other information. Third-party forensics experts discovered that this breach occurred on a single Japanese server used for internal testing for Sony’s Entertainment, Technology, and Services business, which has since been taken offline while investigations continue.

Sony is assuring customers and business partners that there is currently no indication that personal data was compromised by this recent hacking, but it is still too early to know for sure.
Source

I hope Sony can prevent future cyber attacks on their online servers in the future.

They could just be a really big target, or are open about when they’re attacked.

I can guarantee you that nobody has 100% accountability on zero days.

I like to think most hackers like to announce their accomplishments of hacking a certain business. Forcing places to be open if they want to or not.

I like to think most hackers like to announce their accomplishments of hacking a certain business. Forcing places to be open if they want to or not.
I wouldn’t be surprised. Outside of state actors, a lot of hackers tend to be very young and immature so they treat it like a game and brag about their accomplishments.

If you watch some videos about the hacker Pompompurin getting arrested, he was only 20. He also wasn’t very good at hiding his trail either.

You would think a big company would have better employees to handle something such as this. But then, hackers are smart, sometimes smarter. If they weren't for breaking the law, THOSE people would be ideal for this job!

Generating license emulator... This person might be onto something. Teach them a lesson in digital-only marketing.

Back