Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
I've been looking at some hotspot forums like Reddit, and 4chan and it seems anyone with a modded 3DS has had their system banned from online services.

Anyone here experiencing this?

If the 3DS is modded, then I don't see the problem. Companies don't want you to hack your devices and Nintendo has the right to ban people from online services because of it. Especially since modding can lead to cheating online. That doesn't mean everyone who mods cheats, but it's a way to weed out the cheaters anyway.

If the 3DS is modded, then I don't see the problem. Companies don't want you to hack your devices and Nintendo has the right to ban people from online services because of it. Especially since modding can lead to cheating online. That doesn't mean everyone who mods cheats, but it's a way to weed out the cheaters anyway.
Piracy too. I'm glad Nintendo is doing this. Less cheats online and more money to developers/publishers.

I've never had any experience with this since I don't really participate in online play. However, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if this kept people from being able to hack your 3DS though.

Back