Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Welcome all former GF members and new guests/members to Gaming Latest, the forum of cutting edge of discussion and news in all forms.

It's been a rather rough and long weekend for me and the rest of the staff, but the site is in a somewhat decent usable state. I apologize for everything not being done and 100% ready to go, but hey shit happens (first conversion failed and didn't notice till Sunday, complete and utter fail and much raging for a moment.) Please bear with us as we get things finished up in the next few weeks.

Should there be any issues, post them here, in the help board or PM me!

I am proud to say, that in all the years, which as of Saturday on 8/8/15 this site or rather GF's or better put GF's data, turned 8 years old and will mark the birthday of Gaming Latest as well, I am proud to say that this current set up allows the most gaming like features in all 8 years of me being admin on all the different forum software this site has been on (proboards, ipbfree, jcink, IPB and now xenforo).

Here is just a quick run down of things that are usable, more detailed guides will come out in the weeks to come:

We have two links to the site, edgegamer.com and edgegamer.net. The .com is the main site but either can be used to access the site. Please be sure to bookmark the .com one.

This is vital! Be sure to white list the following email:

admin@edgegamer.com

This is where site notifications, password recovers, ect. will come from. If you don't all emails from Gaming Latest will end up in your spam folder.

Avatar Gallery: When choosing your avatar, we offer a bunch of preset images, more to be added.

Collapsible sidebar: Make the side bar on the main index vanish by clicking a button on the upper right corner of the main board index screen.

Show avatar on index: (works on the zipped skin, fixing on the custom skin)

Mini Avatar with tags: Basically this by using the at symbol which adds your tiny avy to the tag me: IntoxNitram Martin

Quick preview: adds preview bar to quick reply box.

Steam Auth: connect your steam profile data to your EG account (coming soon.)

TGDB Thread Starter: In certain forums, by using a special ID or link you can start a topic complete with a game boxart image, game images, description, info (release date, rating, ect.) and more making it ready to discuss with all the info there! (coming soon/ in beta)

Media Gallery: In today's gaming, you can take screen shots, videos with a press of a button. In our gallery, please post all your gaming achievements for all members to see. (coming soon)

Xenmoods: Let us know how you are feeling with a mood image!

XF arcade: A arcade full of classic games. (more info soon)

BD Banking: Earn money and turn it into actual gaming money! (more info soon)

BD Medals: Earn medals for your time on here! (more info soon)

Tag me: Makes it easy to alert a member that you are talking about them by using @ followed by their username (no spaces)

Gamer Profiles: In your contact part of your control panel area, you can enter your gaming profiles to be displayed in your EG profile or mini post profile (hover over my PSN image to the left of this topic)

Better alert system, quickly receive alerts on all your topics, PMs and much more. Far quicker than on IPB. Just be sure to set the right settings in your CP.

Two skins, Zipped and Gaming Latest Custom. Light and Dark with the custom skin being a private skin for EG! Sadly it's still being fixed up but should be fully good in a day or two! (We need someone with GFX skills for the zipped banner, PM me for any help!) Choose this under preferences in your CP.

Only two user groups, that's right we've scaled down usergroups but we made it so you can get plenty of neat username titles or just make up your own! We hope to find some kind of coloring option for them soon. More on this soon.

Staff - The current EG Staff:

Demon_Skeith - Head admin and owner.

Martin - Full admin

ToCool74 - Mod

froggyboy604 - Mod

The others who were staff were unable to fully commit the time to the new site and have been let go. Till further notice we are not hiring anymore staff.

That's just a quick run down, you can find most changes in your CP (control panel) in the upper right hand of the screen (where your username is displayed). If you need any help please let us know and we will walk you through it to make things comfy for you here on Gaming Latest!

More to come, so stay tune as Martin works hard on our Social Site aspect! Much greatness ahead!

-Demon_skeith

P.S. - Please give plenty of site feedback as we strive for the best. Site loading, looks and issues will be fixed asap.

Last edited:
Sounds like everything went great. Could you please check the permissions of the user groups I can't change my avatar or do a couple of basic things.

I am so glad that we are finally here. Still a lot of work to do before everything is fully set up but I feel a lot better having finally made the move. I really do feel this will bring a fresh breath of life back into the community and hopefully allow us to reach new heights. Be sure to express your suggestions!

Media gallery is now fully set up - use it as much as you want!
Social accounts will be set up and maintained as soon as I get an avatar for them.

Sounds like everything went great. Could you please check the permissions of the user groups I can't change my avatar or do a couple of basic things.
You should be sorted now.

Edge gamer?

I think I'm freakin blind. I didn't even know the whole name and url was going to change.

Everything looks great so far, only thing I'm having a problem with is finding where to change my signature lol.

Edge gamer?

I think I'm freakin blind. I didn't even know the whole name and url was going to change.
You must be. We've been discussing it publicly for a long while :p

Everything looks great so far, only thing I'm having a problem with is finding where to change my signature lol.
Strange, it worked before but I can't edit mine now either. All permissions are set up. I'll look into it, bear with me.

Edit - you should be good.

Dropped back in to say the place looks great! Love the new look and name. Best of luck!

Back