Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from tweaktown:

A joint project between the European Union and Japan has created the world's largest experimental nuclear fusion reactor and it was just switched on.

Achieving nuclear fusion is the process of combining two elements into one. The conditions on which to do this are tough and require a large six-story high machine that is capable of swirling plasma that is heated up to 2200 million degrees. Once the conditions reach the appropriate levels, fusion takes place between the elements, and heat and light are created as a result. Being able to replicate the process that takes place within the Sun would mean unlimited clean energy and would change the energy crisis globally.

However, it's extremely difficult to maintain the right conditions to make nuclear fusion take place, but researchers at the National Ignition Facility at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in the United States achieved what is called "net energy gain," which means they were able to generate more energy than what it costs them to run the experiment. A critical step toward achieving a sustainable nuclear fusion reactor.

94733_151_worlds-largest-nuclear-fusion-reactor-was-just-switched-on-for-the-first-time_full.jpg

This stuff looks precise and futuristic. As long as something doesn't go wrong.

I wish this Fusion Nuclear reactor good luck at reliably and safely at producing electricity to people.

The sight of it alone freaks me out because it scares me to death. I can't work in this place for any amount of money.

The sight of it alone freaks me out because it scares me to death. I can't work in this place for any amount of money.
I am the same! I wouldn't want to live in a house near something like this.
You'd think we could come up with something that would help humans without being so toxic & depleting the environment.

These places always scare me because I know what they are and what could happen if anything were to go wrong. That is one huge nuclear fusion reactor and I can only imagine the damage it could do if something were to go wrong.

I am the same! I wouldn't want to live in a house near something like this.
You'd think we could come up with something that would help humans without being so toxic & depleting the environment.
Exactly. No matter the kind of advantage this brings to the society, all I'm seeing is a pending danger and catastrophe.

Back