Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Microsoft has unveiled a range of new social-centric features for Xbox Cloud Gaming, including the ability to discover and manage friends, initiate parties outside of gaming sessions, maintain party chats between game sessions, and more. These significant enhancements, along with fixes, are now available for Xbox Insiders enrolled in the Alpha Skip-Ahead program. In addition to the recently added major feature in Xbox Cloud Gaming, this new update now introduces exciting new social features. Xbox Insiders can enjoy an updated interface that includes several functionalities aimed at enhancing social interactions within the gaming community. Insiders will encounter a revamped guide that allows them to seamlessly discover and manage friends, initiate parties outside of gaming sessions, and maintain party chats across different game sessions (not currently available on Smart TVs).

Xbox Insider Release Notes​

System Update Details

• OS Version: XB_FLT_2408GE\26100.1508.240404-2000
  • Available: 2 p.m. PT – April 8, 2024
  • Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – April 9, 2024

New Features and Experiences

Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta)

Starting today, Xbox Insiders can preview updated social features when using supported browsers, the Xbox app for Smart TVs, and Meta Quest Headsets. Insiders will have an updated interface in the guide for the following actions:

• Find and manage friends
  • Start parties outside of playing games and continue party chats between game sessions (currently not available on Smart TVs)
  • Send messages
  • View user profiles
  • View notification inbox and toasts
  • View achievements

Xbox Insiders playing cloud games via xbox.com/play will notice a controller icon in the guide when connected and playing on a browser. This supports users in connecting a controller when playing on a browser.

Note: Users on browser will need to enable Preview features on their browser to gain access to the feature. This is done by clicking on your profile picture at xbox.com/play and then select Settings and then enable “Preview features.”

Fixes Included

Thanks to all the great feedback Xbox Insiders provide and the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented with this build:

System

• Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
  • Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console.

While known issues may have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes, they are not being ignored! However, it may take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution. If you experience any of these issues, we ask that you please follow any guidance provided and file feedback with Report a Problem.

Audio

• Some users have reported experiencing intermittent audio issues across the dashboard, games, and apps.
  • Troubleshooting: If you do experience issues, please confirm your TV and all other equipment have the latest firmware installed. If you are unsure, you may need to contact the manufacturer for assistance. You can also find additional troubleshooting tips here: Troubleshoot audio on your Xbox console.
  • Feedback: If you continue to experience issues after applying the latest firmware and troubleshooting further, please submit feedback via Report a Problem when you are experiencing the issue. Use the “Reproduce with advanced diagnostics” option, then select the category “Console experiences” and “Console Audio Output Issues”.
  • Note: Be sure to include as much information as possible about the issue, when it started, your setup, troubleshooting you have completed, and any additional information that will help us reproduce the issue.

Capture & Share

• We have received reports of unexpected behavior when viewing HDR screenshots in the Captures app, and we are investigating.

Networking

• We are investigating reports of an issue where the console may not connect to the network immediately on boot. If you experience this, be sure to report the issue via Report a Problem as soon as you’re able.
  • Workaround: Wait a minute or two for the connection to establish. If your console still hasn’t connected, restart your Xbox from the Power Center or the guide then file feedback with Report a Problem.

OneGuide

• Some users have reported OneGuide failing to launch, freezing shortly thereafter, or seeing an unexpected black screen, and we are investigating.

Source

That is a huge improvement, I used to use their cloud gaming service. And I have to tell you, the wait to play a game really sucks. I have had to wait 15 minutes to play Elder Scrolls Online, and then it crashed, and I wasn't about ready to wait another 15 minutes to try the game again.

It is nice that audio problems are fixed in Xbox Cloud gaming. These sound like good updates for Xbox Cloud,

It is great to see that they are making improvements which I know will only make using the cloud gaming a better experience.

I have not used the cloud service in a while but since these improvements, I am curious to see how much better the service is now.

Back