Wii U Zelda U might have 4 dungeons/100+ mini dungeons?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Well, it's only a rumour so far (though insiders like Emily Rogers and Neal from Nintendo World Report had verified parts of it). Either way, the rumour is that the upcoming Zelda game has:

4 main dungeons (like Majora's Mask)
100 mini dungeons
A dynamic weather system
A technology vs fantasy theme

There's a GameXplain video here:

And some news coverage here:

https://gamingreinvented.com/nintendoarticles/zelda-u-will-four-dungeons/

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/06/...on-count-dynamic-weather-theme-been-revealed/

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/r...ungeons-with-100-mini-dungeons-weather-patter

But what do you think? Is this rumour accurate? Would you want the new Zelda game to be like this?

What do you think?

Yeah, and that's the vague part.

Is a mini dungeon equivalent to a basic grotto, like in Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask?

A Skulltula House, like in Majora's Mask?

A full fledged dungeon without a real boss, like the Bottom of the Well, Ice Cavern, Pirate's Fortress, etc?

Something else?

Yeah, and that's the vague part.

Is a mini dungeon equivalent to a basic grotto, like in Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask?

A Skulltula House, like in Majora's Mask?

A full fledged dungeon without a real boss, like the Bottom of the Well, Ice Cavern, Pirate's Fortress, etc?

Something else?

I am guessing they will be something along the lines of what Wind Waker did where sometimes you would fall into a hole that would have a few rooms where you had to clear the enemies and the last door with the treasure would open. They showed a short dungeon on the Treehouse stream that had a few puzzles before you got to the end. I for one find this to be a nice change of pace, so you don't have to commit to playing through an entire dungeon all the time.

Hearing about this new Zelda makes me really want to get a Wii U. I've been a fan of Zelda my whole life and this new one sounds awesome!

I'm glad there is going to be dynamic weather, but I expect there is going to be seasons and ever stuff related to climate interaction with the environment (in game effects). Otherwise We are going to see a bland but pretty addition. And in regards of the four main dungeons, well, as long as the 100+ dungeons are neat designed, unique and interesting, I would not care how much about the measly total of large dungeons in there. But I have faith in Nintendo as always, they usually tend to live up all the hype is raised. Unlike some people -bethesda, molyneux......-

Yeah, based on what we've seen of the shrines, they seem pretty large and filled with obstacles and things to do.

Then again, I heard somewhere it might not be four altogether. It might be four per section of the world map. If the 'leaker' got to play a demo (like the E3 one) it's possible he only explored the starting area. Or assumed those four early shrines were the main dungeons.

Back