¿Best Time to sell Steam Cards on Steam?

IsraelGarza

Credits
Hey guys! As you know, the Steam Summer Sale 2016 is getting closer and closer, and there are a lot of games I'm aiming to own. But I don't want to put money on Steam this sale, because I have Steam Cards which gives me money.

Should I sell them before the Summer Sale, or as the same time the Summer Sale is one?
Which one of those options do you agree is the best time to get the most of money from Steam Cards?

Generally from my experience a lot of people kind of wait on selling them until during the Steam Sale, as a lot of people hold on to them as they get essentially the "best bang for their buck" so to speak making badges in bulk for any potential rewards the sale may be running as often times they try to motivate you to create badges and in a lot of cases that means buying more games.

You can potentially benefit a little bit before the Summer Sale if they announce more details on just how the sale will be running as then it will give them a better idea of whether they should be buying cards ahead of time so I guess in that case stay put and if you don't see any announcement prior to the sale, I would say to sell them during it. :)

I think that the Summer Sale can make or break the prices, honestly. On the one hand, you have those that want to craft more badges to get rewards, as Vicccious said. On the other hand, you have people who want to get some extra money to buy games instantly, which will end up selling cards for lower prices and therefore lowering down the overall price.

That being said, your guess is as good as mine. :)

I'd sell them right now. Everyone is looking to craft sets since you get one summer sale card instead of a pretty worthless coupon. Card prices in general have risen slightly. Doing mobile confirmation for each individual card is a real pain though!

I'd sell the immediately after I get them. The more people do the process, the more people will have these cards and therefore they drop in price. If you look at past examples of this, it's been always like that, so I recommend you to get rid of them as quickly as possible.

The price difference will probably be that much anyways, unless you do have hundreds of cards to sell, so it wouldn't honestly make that much of a difference anyways. The only thing would be that if you'd sell them before the sale, you might actually get them sold in time for you to get the money you wanted to have.

It's definitely a good idea to cashout your Steam cards if you don't have a strong need to make them into badges. Steam prices are historically lowest for Steam's summer and winter sales imo. ^^

Now that the sale is live, and people get 3 trading cards a day just for viewing their discovery queue, I'd sell them asap. Their prices can only fall from now.

Back