froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling

$100 Laptop that Runs Windows 10?! Yes. In this video I test gaming, regular performance and point out many of the positives and negatives of the laptop.

For a $100 laptop, it seems to run Minecraft well.

This looks like a good laptop for basic tasks like web browsing.

This laptop maybe good for using to run Linux where the performance maybe slightly faster than Windows 10 because Linux is a more lightweight operating system which uses less RAM, and CPU resources.

I wonder if it is possible to re-use this laptop's Windows 10 Home license key on another computer like a custom built gaming PC. $100 is the same price as the install disc for Windows 10 Home.

No you won't be able to use that home key on a different computer. It's an OEM version so it tied to that machine.

Looks a bit crap but I guess if someone is desperate for a laptop for browsing the internet or to do basic work like writing essays then it's pretty good for $100.

Looks a bit crap but I guess if someone is desperate for a laptop for browsing the internet or to do basic work like writing essays then it's pretty good for $100.

I think this laptop will be better to use for basic tasks if the user use an USB mouse since the touchpad looks not very good. But, the user maybe able to improve the touchpad by turning up the sensitivity settings for the touchpad settings.

The screen looks okay for basic tasks like web browsing, listening to music, and watching online video which is mostly recorded in lower video quality.

This can be a good laptop to use as a TV computer for watching Netflix, YouTube, and browsing the web on a TV when connected to a TV with an HDMI cable. The laptop has a wired internet port which is missing from a lot of other TV settop boxes like cheaper Roku, Chromecast, and some game consoles like the Wii.

any word on the official specs of the laptop? (or is it in the video I haven't watched yet :p )

any word on the official specs of the laptop? (or is it in the video I haven't watched yet :p )

The guy in the video talks a little bit about the specs of the laptop. He also links to the laptop page at 1066 Netbook Notebook 2GB RAM 32GB ROM-118.45 Online Shopping| GearBest.com on his videos description on YouTube.

The laptop has a 10.1 inch 1024 x 600 capacitive screen. The operating system is Windows 10 Intel Baytrail-CR Z3735F Quad Core 1.33GHz, Intel HD Graphic(Gen7) , 2GB DDR3 LRAM 32GB storage, and it has WSVGA 0.3 Megapixel Screen Camera. The battery is a 3.7V / 5000mAh battery.

It also has HDMI video output port, Ethernet networking port, 2 USB ports, headphone port, WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n wireless, and a MicroSD card which can use a MicroSD card up to 128GB in size.

I actually had a computer like this years ago. I wanted a smaller computer that could travel well. It lasted about two years before it crapped out. Guess you do get what you pay for.

I actually had a computer like this years ago. I wanted a smaller computer that could travel well. It lasted about two years before it crapped out. Guess you do get what you pay for.

Two years is not a long time. But, for $100 or less, 2 years is an ok amount of time. It's life is 1-2 years, or a few month shorter than more expensive laptops where you pay hundreds more for.

There are more expensive laptops which are more expensive which break after 3 years. Many laptops are not as well made these days. 20-30% of laptops break within 3 years according to 20 - 30% of Notebooks Fail Over 3 Years; HPs Fail Most

I think if you use your laptop a lot, it is very important that you backup your data on a weekly or even daily basis since laptops are not a durable computers like desktop PCs where they still work after many years of use.

Last edited:
Back