Full GL Member
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from gamesindustry biz and vgc:

Lego is working with 2K Games on a new line of Lego sports titles.

Citing people with knowledge of 2K's plans, the outlet is reporting that the publisher and the building block company have agreed to create a new line of Lego titles that will begin with a soccer/football title intended to hit shelves around the November kick-off of World Cup 2024.

That game is said to be in development at Sumo Digital, which hasn't made a game based on the sport since 2004's England International Football on the original Xbox.

VGC reports the second 2K Lego game will be a licensed open-world driving game launching next year from NBA 2K and WWE 2K studio Visual Concepts.

The third game is not detailed, other than to say it will be another sports game based on a major franchise.

2K and parent company Take-Two did not respond to VGC's inquiries, while a Lego representative declined comment.

Additionally, VGC reports that Lego has decided not to extend its exclusivity deal with WB Games' TT Games studio, which has created dozens of Lego games since its first such title, 2005's Lego Star Wars: The Video Game.

If we get a LEGO racing game with multiple IPs on it, Im all over it.

A Lego racing game would be quite cool.

Not sure about the other sports though although it would be cool if they considered an Olympics type game.

Lego Racers and Stunt Rally were enjoyable. Hopefully, you can make cars and tracks but I'd be fine with just cars and your player character. They've had soccer on the PC before in Lego so maybe this would be an upgrade. The third game could likely be basketball or winter sports since those were actual Lego themes in the past.

Lego Racers and Stunt Rally were enjoyable. Hopefully, you can make cars and tracks but I'd be fine with just cars and your player character. They've had soccer on the PC before in Lego so maybe this would be an upgrade. The third game could likely be basketball or winter sports since those were actual Lego themes in the past.
I loved the ability to create my own cars and tracks, and I think it would be great if a new Lego racing game included this feature.

I loved the ability to create my own cars and tracks, and I think it would be great if a new Lego racing game included this feature.
It appears you can make your own vehicles that swap depending on the terrain, but I don't think there's a track editor like say the game Stunt Rally.

Back