3D Printing Shops?

Conker

Awards
Credits
Yesterday I had some stuff to do in the city and needed to have a few documents printed on the spot. It was then, at the printing shop, that the idea hit me. Would it be possible for 3D printing shops to appear? Say you want a complex device printed and you can't do it at home (or you don't own a printer). You go at the shop, get your stuff printed, pay and voila - you have what you needed in much the same way I had my paper documents the other day.

Thoughts?

I mean I'm sure this will eventually become a possibility if it isn't already. It probably is already though. It would be a pretty neat thing to have done though. 3D printers are really fascinating.

I think Staples in the US already have some locations which have 3D printing services. Some Libraries in the US and Canada have 3D printers which the public can use.

Without a doubt this will happen as 3D printers is the next thing, though they will be far from cheap.

There are some 3D printers which cost $100-200+, but they can only print small things like a small bowl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zpEvOYmXtA

I bet someone who own a 3D printer will 3D print a lot of 3D printers, and sell them for a cheap price, and makes lots of money by selling many cheap 3D printers like how Chinese companies make a lot of money selling cheap stuff to dollar stores, wal-mart, and discount stores to people who buy cheap stuff.

I would love to have a 3D printing shop nearby but alas.... I have never seen a 3D printer in my life
I would love to get one someday.

Back