Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Are you ready for real 3D video games? Well, even if you're not, Sony will still want you to buy one of their 3D televisions, which they are expected to announce today.

According to the Financial Times (via The Street), Sony CEO Howard Stringer is expected to announce 3D television sets compatible with the PlayStation 3 and certain blu-ray disc players for late 2010. During the announcement, Stringer will say that 3D television is "clearly on its way to the mass market through technology, distribution and content."

"As with high definition a few years back, there are a variety of issues yet to be addressed. But the 3D train is on the track, and we at Sony are ready to drive it home."

At least one video game will be poised to take advantage of the new technology as early this year. James Cameron's Avatar, which is due in November, will support 3D graphics with compatible setups.

Those who want to jump on that train will likely have to pay thousands of dollars, as is the case with any fledgling technology. The majority should be just fine with their standard high definition televisions for another several years.

source

Sounds pretty awesome, but 3D glasses are cheaper, and have the same effect.

I'm fine with a regular TV.

Sounds awesome.

I've seen 3D glasses but never heard of 3D television. I wonder how shows on 3D television will actually look like.

Back