• DS

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Personally, I find it a difficult thing to judge. On the one hand, the 3DS has many better first party games than the DS, at least so far (Ocarina of Time 3D has to beat out all the DS Zelda titles, and Super Mario 3D Land is a type of game which wasn't even present on the DS). But on the other, the DS kind of has the larger game library due to being around longer and has some games that are probably better than the 3DS versions.

So which console is better? How about compared to what was on each console at the 2 year point in either's lifespan?

"The reason? It's quite obvious. How can one not be aware of what is going on?"

~Pianta, Super Mario Sunshine Intro

I say the DS. The 3DS is still lacking in games I'm interested in.

Never thought someone would make this topic. DS all the way. DS was way ahead of many when released. 3DS played catch up. Till 2007(release of iphone) 3DS was the only device(a gaming device!) that had a touch screen. 3DS is not unique in 3D effect, even if you have to wear glasses, you get it everywhere.

I would have to say... 3DS.
I've gotten far more enjoyment out of it's games, and if you compare it to the DS in terms of capabilities, the 3DS wins outright.

DS wins in:

-Larger game library

-Was ahead of many when released

3DS wins in:

-More unique games that aren't seen on the DS

-More capable hardware

-WiFi is much more supported, with the eshop, browser, etc

that's all i can come up with(or take from other posts). quote this and edit it with your own reasons.

You guys are seriously saying the DS is better because it has more games? It's been out since 2004, of course it has more games.

But I say the 3DS is better because it does almost everything the DS can do, and more.

Got to say 3ds on the basis that much higher quality games that i have enjoyed have been released within the two years its been available,mario kart 7 is pretty much a small percentage worse than ds because of the lack of a mission mode but i found some of the maps more enjoyable on 7 and the online capabilities are much greater.

As for 3d mario games i believe 3d land is better as it is an original title over a remake super mario 64 ds(though as a whole 64 is much better)

As for new super mario bros. , and 2 , they are quite the same realy but mario bros. 2 has more replayability for the challenge levels and dlc

star fox command being one of my worst star fox games is nowhere near the greatness of the starfox 64 3d remake which also is a far improved game graphicly and gameplay,(but points to command for the online capabilities)

most 3rd party titles are quite simelar with sonic generations/sonic rush , super monkey ball 3d / and touch and roll

+we had no zelda on the console untill late 2007 with phantom hourglass and with great helpings of zelda playable on 3ds within half a year from launch it is greater for the zelda fanatics

And we don't have pokemon being shoved to us much....not yet anyways

At their current standing, of course the DS is better, considering it's been aroud way longer, but I think the 3DS will be the better console at the end of it's lifetime.

I have to say 3DS. Why? Power up your DS and see what options are available to you. Play a DS Game, Download Play, Pictochat, and Play a GBA Game. Now 3DS... Camera, Music, eShop, DS/3DS game, Internet Browser, Friends List, Notifications, Notepad, etc. The DS was a gaming device, the 3DS is an entertainment device. Now DSi is basically in between the two, but it's still a DS and isn't capable / was never made to do the things the 3DS can.

3ds = 3DS and DS....... DS= DS and advance "original DS's" your question is hard if you are saying the original DS with the capability's of playing advance games. if its any other DS the 3DS wins cuz it can play the DS's games making the new DS's obsolete.

You got to be kidding me! 3DS is better in every way!

3DS has:
- Cameras.
- Pre installed software.
- Joystick.
- Internet Browser.
- eShop.
- Better games.
- 3D.
- Better online exp.

3DS hands down.

The 3DS can play DS games.

...Is this thread serious?

is this a trick question? the 3DS is an enhanced DS, and it plays DS games. what do titles or larger game gallery have anything to do with it? the thread is about the systems themselves. the 3DS is obviously better in every way. i see 3 stupid votes. i have no clue why. someone's not thinking straight.

in fact i am gonna look at who voted for DS and call them STUPID, and SHUN them for life.

Last edited by a moderator:
is this a trick question? the 3DS is an enhanced DS, and it plays DS games. what do titles or larger game gallery have anything to do with it? the thread is about the systems themselves. the 3DS is obviously better in every way. i see 3 stupid votes. i have no clue why. someone's not thinking straight.

in fact i am gonna look at who voted for DS and call them STUPID, and SHUN them for life.

I chose DS because I included the DSi, which is better than the 3DS for many reasons. Such as better games.

You got to be kidding me! 3DS is better in every way!

3DS has:
- Cameras.
- Pre installed software.
- Joystick.
- Internet Browser.
- eShop.
- Better games.
- 3D.
- Better online exp.

3DS hands down.

Agreed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would vote, but I don't really see that it's a legitimate question. It's like asking whether you like old biplanes or new state of the art fighter jets. Yeah, the biplanes are neat and have that nostalgic factor, but you don't see anyone flying a Sopwith Camel into battle either.

As for the statement that there are more DS games, or that the games are 'better'- honestly, the 3DS hasn't been out that long and is capable of far more different gameplay options than the old DS or DSi consoles. Of course it's not going to have a large library, and the developers are going to take a bit before they can produce games that really use the new features to their fullest extent. And since the 3DS is backwards compatible with the fantastic and complete DS library, I would think that's more then enough to push it over the edge.

I chose DS because I included the DSi, which is better than the 3DS for many reasons. Such as better games.

The 3DS can play those games too..

Back