froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Bloomberg reports that the fifth-generation Apple TV might be launched at some point this year. The report adds that the set-top box is going to have support for “more vivid colors,” which basically means it’s going to have HDR support. HDR is a feature that’s gradually becoming popular on consumer 4K TVs.

Read More

It's nice that Apple is not ignoring the Apple TV, and make it capable of displaying video in 4K and HDR which should make Apple TV video and games look a lot nicer.

I'm not really that familiar with what Apple TV does, but I guess it must be popular among Apple fans.

but I guess it must be popular among Apple fans.

I think the Apple TV is the only popular settop TV box with better performance, and the chance of getting software updates many years from now.

The Apple TV maybe the best choices in settop boxes if you want a settop box which would be supported longer than a few years compared to picking an Android TV settop box which Google can end support for at anytime by not making new versions of Android TV anymore like how Google stop making new versions of Google TV.

There is also a chance that Google Chromecast, and Roku no longer be made in the future now that cheap Smart TVs, and game consoles has apps like Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, and other video apps which reduce the need for regular consumers to buy a separate settop TV box like a Chromecast or Roku.

The Apple TV is also a casual game console which is competition for the Wii U, Nintendo Switch, and Nvidia Shield TV where a lot of gamers use these types of consoles to play casual and classic games like Sonic, Pokemon, Bards Tale, etc.

Apple is merely a brand you pay for, not much for services.

Apple is merely a brand you pay for, not much for services.

Apple does have Apple Music which is a subscription streaming service and iTunes which is a service where you pay for apps, games, movies, books, and files which are on sale at the Apple iTunes store.

Back