50 Funny and Weird Gaming Facts

ridwan sameer

Awards
Credits
Here's a small Interesting List, Take a look

• The voice of Marcus Fenix from Gears of War is performed by John DiMaggio, who also does the voice of Bender for the Futurama animated series.
  • The voice of President John Henry Eden from Fallout 3 is performed by Malcom McDowell, the same man who once played Alex in the classic, A Clockwork Orange.
  • You could only carry 255 rupees in the original Legend of Zelda game because that is the maximum value of an unsigned 8 bit integer, and carrying more would have required more memory at a time which memory wasn’t as expendable as it is today.
  • The developers of Bioshock had considered using numerous other mechanisms or characters to retrieve the ADAM, instead of the Little Sisters. One suggestion was even using a two-legged dog with rolling wheels.
  • Several of the characters in Fable 2 are not only named after the Fable 2 staff, but designed to look like their real life counterparts.
  • up, up, down, down, left, right, left right, b, a is known both as the Konami code and gamers code. While Contra was the game that gave popularity to the code, it actually first appeared in Gradius.
  • In Kakiriko village in Zelda: A link to the past (SNES) a portrait of Mario appears on a wall inside a house.
  • Chun-Li makes a cameo appearance in the first ever Breath Of Fire game by Capcom.
  • The first gaming console to ship with an internal hard drive was the Sega Saturn.
  • The original Donkey Kong game (which gave birth to “Jumpman”, later renamed “Mario) was the first video game to feature a story behind the characters and what was going on.
  • “Mario” was an Italian landlord for Miyamoto when he chose to give Nintendo’s icon character a name.
  • In Final Fantasy 7, a portrait of Hironobu Sakaguchi (the creator of Final Fantasy) appears on the wall inside of one of the houses in Rocket Town.
  • The Game Boy is the best-selling video game system of all time.
  • Atari is named after a Japanese word mean ‘success’.
  • The Apple Pippin by Macintosh was the worst selling console ever, selling less than 24 000 units and cost 600 $.
  • Devil May Cry was originally intended to be a new chapter in the Resident Evil series.
  • A man named Faiz chopdat (lol) once went to jail for 4 months because he played Tetris on his phone while flying a plane.
  • Mario appeared in over 120 video games.
  • The first video game is thought to be Space War! which was made by three single men in America university MIT. It is thought by people who are wrong. In fact the first video game is a missile game from 1947, and the first game console is from 1951!
  • Sonic the hedgehog is not only a fast hedgehog in a video game. Sonic Hedgehog is also a name of a gene on chromosome 7 of a human genome. Biologists!
  • In 1980 the American military approached Atari to make a version of pioneer virtual reality wire frame shooter Battlezone for training.As consequence, soldiers became adept at war near pyramids.
  • In GTA San Andreas, KDST radio host is performed by former Guns ‘n’ Roses stage clown Axl Rose. He was paid in electricity vouchers.
  • Pac-Man was designed by Toru Iwatani for appealing to women, because Pac-Man is always eating… like women!
  • The video game of all time that is least success is ET, it came on the Atari 2600 in 1982. The game is so bad that more than hundreds of thousands of cartridges were buried in a New Mexico trash hole and this game is blamed for the nearly complete collapse of the video game industry.
  • Unlike Microsoft and Sony, Nintendo has never made a loss at the end of a year… even with the GameCube!
  • The PlayStation was originally planned as a Nintendo console, with Sony to design some of the inside components. When Nintendo secretly renegaded this agreement, Sony decided to make a console anyway. Maybe you have heard of it? Of course you have heard of it! (The Sony PlayStation).
  • The first video game Easter egg is thought to be in Atari’s 1979 Adventure. It is the name of the programmer, Warren Robinett. It is very disappointing Easter egg.
  • A better Easter egg is Hot Chocolate with GTA San Andreas, this allows the player to have fun in bed… and not sleeping.
  • All of the voices in arcade hacking-and-slashing game Golden Axe were performed by American prisoners on death row. The dwarf is known in actual life as The Bloodaliser.
  • Since the release of Mario Bros in 1983, many American children have been named Mario. Since the release of The Secret of Monkey Island in 1990, no children have been named Guybrush.
  • On the remote Scotch island of Stornaway, only 48 per cent of the population believe the iPhone exists.
  • During the early 1990s, Nintendo employees were obliged to let doctors remove the Sonic Hedgehog gene from chromosome 7 with chemical therapy. As consequence, many employee offsprings were born with green pigment and outsize tongue. They are inspiration for Yoshi. They are dead.
  • The designer of the Xbox 360 controller had a wish to make a controller looking like an animal. After experimenting with many species, he settled with bat, but there is a rare prototype in the shape of a gibbon.
  • Nintendo employees who cannot get 120 stars in Mario Galaxy receive less salary and must eat in a separate canteen labelled ‘Fail’.
  • Proficiency at Virtua Fighter does not guarantee proficiency in real-life combat.
  • The play area of GTA: San Andreas is roughly 17 square miles. That’s about five times the size of Liberty City and four times the size of Vice City.
  • The maximum achievable score possible in a game of Pac-Man is 3,333,360 points.
  • In the original arcade Donkey Kong game, Mario was called Jumpman and he was a carpenter, not a plumber.
  • Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind contains a secret talking crab tucked away on a small island, who’s also a trader.
  • Tomb Raider’s Lara Croft was originally called Laura Cruz.
  • Gran Turismo 2 featured some 650 cars, a total that Gran Turismo 3 couldn’t pip.
  • Nearly half the disc space on Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is taken up with dialogue.
  • In Halo 2’s Metropolis level of its single-player campaign, a giant football can be found tucked away on a rooftop.
  • The inflated breast size of Lara Croft was the result of designer Toby Gard accidentally adjusting the model’s chest to 150% its intended size and being persuaded by other designers working on the game that the ballooned boobs should stay.
  • A certain soldier in God of War emits the ‘Wilhelm scream’, a stock sound effect that’s been used in TV and movie productions for over 50 years. You’ll also hear it in Metal Slug, Lost Planet, Scarface and LEGO Star Wars.
  • There really is a game called ‘Communist Mutants from Space’, y’know. It’s a Space Invaders clone released for the Atari 2600 in 1982.
  • Final Fantasy got its name from the fact that its creator, Square co-founder Hironobu Sakaguchi, intended it to be his last video game, using up the remainder of Square’s money after a number of unsuccessful projects.
  • Possessing a copy of Manhunt in New Zealand is a criminal offence.
  • In Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, one of the levels contains pizza boxes sporting Danish text that translates to “Real pizza with shit on it.”
  • The Xbox was originally due to be called the DirectX-box, after Microsoft’s programming interface for Windows.

Nice facts mate!
My personal best :grin:
In GTA San Andreas, KDST radio host is performed by former Guns ‘n’ Roses stage clown Axl Rose. He was paid in electricity vouchers.

I went through and read out some to my brother and chuckled at a couple, but loved this one.
Final Fantasy got its name from the fact that its creator, Square co-founder Hironobu Sakaguchi, intended it to be his last video game, using up the remainder of Square’s money after a number of unsuccessful projects.
I guess he got what he wanted, a good successfull title.

"Possessing a copy of Manhunt in New Zealand is a criminal offence."
Very interesting fact, make you wonder if you want your child playing a game that's illegal in a country.

Devil May Cry was originally intended to be a new chapter in the Resident Evil series.

Thats a pretty interesting fact i didn't know about, thanks for sharing :grin:

Just wanted to add that it was intended to be Resident Evil 4 and Dante was originally Leon.

But the game was to supernatural and they decided to scrap it as a Resident Evil entry and instead named it Devil May Cry.

It you play DMC1 you will notice a lot of similar things it has with Resident Evil such as being able to investigate items and pictures and having many weird puzzles.

Regarding the topic at hand,

This is a very cool list that features stuff even i had no clue about.

This one really caught my eye

Final Fantasy got its name from the fact that its creator, Square co-founder Hironobu Sakaguchi, intended it to be his last video game, using up the remainder of Square’s money after a number of unsuccessful projects.

Wow I never knew any of those.
Thanks for sharing I learned a lot of cool things from that.
Great share! voted Up :yes:

Devil May Cry was originally intended to be a new chapter in the Resident Evil series.

Thats a pretty interesting fact i didn't know about, thanks for sharing :grin:
Oh yeah. DMC was originally mean't to be RE4. Which was later dubbed Resident Evil 3.5, but then they took the backbone idea of that and made a new IP, which is now known as Devil May Cry. :)

Nice list ! Thank you for sharing with me, funny facts that I didn`t know before, but I have to say that this is hilarious :

In Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, one of the levels contains pizza boxes sporting Danish text that translates to “Real pizza with shit on it.”

Thanks for making my day. Here is my favorite

The inflated breast size of Lara Croft was the result of designer Toby Gard accidentally adjusting the model’s chest to 150% its intended size and being persuaded by other designers working on the game that the ballooned boobs should stay.

This -> The Game Boy is the best-selling video game system of all time

I remember those gold-o-days on my GB. Use to play my color games on it, just to see it in black & white lol.

Wait, actually the PS2 or DS is the highest selling, not the Game Boy. All Game Boys together, then yes, like GB/C/A.

Back