Full GL Member
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from tweaktown:

TechPowerUp posted a new poll asking if PC users were interested in paying for AI-enhanced hardware, but 84% of the votes said NO. Over 26,000 people voted, with 7% saying that they would and 9% not sure what they wanted to do.

W1zzard posted: "AI capabilities are becoming increasingly integrated into hardware devices, promising enhanced performance and functionality. However, this advanced technology often comes at a premium price. Would you pay more for hardware with AI features?"

If the computer does everything for me, then what will I do for myself? We have plenty of websites that can provide AI services so having it physically on a computer would sound far too overkill.

I won't pay more for AI enhance hardware because I rather spend my money on buying more games. I also rather spend my money on a nice gaming computer or console with more RAM, a faster CPU, a faster video card, better motherboard, good case cooling system, and higher quality SSD storage drives, so I can see a noticeable video quality improvements in games when I set my video game video resolution to 4K and quality setting to High.

Last edited:
Wow! It's a significant majority and it's definitely an indication that most of the gamers would always prioritize value for their money and are not really convinced about the AI-enhanced hardware features.

I imagine a lot of gamers are happy using free online based AI services streamed to their games and consoles instead of paying extra for AI hardware which they may not use much.

Back