Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
He has bowled more than 2800 perfect games in Wii Sports bowling, which makes 85-year-old John Bates a world record holder. Impressive, sir.

The newest video game edition of the Guinness Book Of World Records recognizes Wisconsin-based Bates as the holder of the record for "Most Perfect Scores Achieved on Wii Sports Bowling" according to Minnesota's Star Tribune newspaper. A perfect game in bowling is a game that consists entirely of strikes.

The paper reports that Bates is already up to 3200 perfect games, though he's being careful not to binge by limiting himself to no more than 21 games a day.

We all knew that the Wii was popular with elderly people, but who knew that the old folks could be so good at it?

source

epic story.

Is this what we're going to be like when we're in our golden years?

I mean if we keep playing games and keep up with the technology... Our grandkids will be sitting down to play with us, expecting us to be pushovers. (Cue the "in my day we had to save the princess with only 3 lives and no continues..." line.) Only for them to roll their eyes and be like "Whatever, let's just play." Then they get a heaping helping of pain. Who's butt just got kicked in Halo 40.5-2 Extreme International Edition* on the Xbox 2160**?

* Wild exaggeration was not here...
** Based on the possible Xbox naming trend of 360, 720, 1080...

Haha wow! That 85 year old has it down! :grin:

I think it's so great that older people are getting into video games now! I remember when some news station did a report about older people in a nursing home playing Wii games with each other-- totally cute.

Good god that's amazing. xD it's great to see older people embracing such new technology and really getting into it too. That's super cool and you've gotta respect that

Back