Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Apparently over the weekend the gaming analyst did what they do best, making up crap out of thin air. They believe in the coming years that Nintendo will come out with a smaller Switch console and possible end the 3DS series.

Your thoughts?

I feel it is unlikely that there would be a smaller Switch because the Switch already has a small 6.2 inch screen. Most Tablets under 7 inches don't sell well because 6 inches is too small for watching video, reading, and web browsing.

The Switch is also a tablet, so most users probably want a bigger size screen to use tablet apps like the web browser, and video apps like Netflix without the need to hold the screen up to their face.

Last edited:
They might make a 'slim' model, because the Switch is pretty fat currently I believe. I would imagine them doing that along with fixing some issues like the unit bending or getting scratched when docked.

I can see them making it smaller so that the bezel is almost nonexistent. A mini Switch might be more likely once Switch 2 is here because Nintendo has a history of doing this. They released the GB Micro once the DS was out, and they released that small Wii that had no GC ports and no wifi.

I don't know, the Switch is pretty small as it is. I mean, imo it's not small enough to walk around with like a 3DS, but it's still big enough to use as a good screen for gaming. Some games might lose their edge with a smaller screen.

They might make a 'slim' model, because the Switch is pretty fat currently I believe. I would imagine them doing that along with fixing some issues like the unit bending or getting scratched when docked.

I think it is possible that the Switch would come out with a thin version, but Nintendo may have to use more expensive and durable materials like metal or harder plastic to prevent damage.

A slimmer version makes much more sense than a smaller variant. If anything they might and make a switch XL. Plus I also think they may end the ds/3ds line because of the switch, it makes more sense to do so.

A smaller variant isn't a crazy concept. Just look how tiny the GB Micro was. If they could fit the power of the Switch into something the size of an iPhone, that would tremendously help with portability.

A smaller variant isn't a crazy concept. Just look how tiny the GB Micro was. If they could fit the power of the Switch into something the size of an iPhone, that would tremendously help with portability.

I think a 5 inch screen is the smallest screen which can be used on the Switch without affecting the enjoyment of the game for most users. A lot of people with poor vision have problems reading subtitle , menu, game settings, and other text on smaller screen. It can also be difficult for older and very young kids to use a touchscreen which is smaller than 5 inches in size.

Plus, most console games like Zelda, and Smash Bros look better on bigger screens. A smaller screen may make it harder for some gamers to see the nicer graphics on games designed for TV.

It would be cool if the Switch had a removable screen, and case which let users pick their own touchscreen, and case like some PC where you it maybe possible to remove the parts and install it into a smaller case with a smaller screen.

I feel it is unlikely that there would be a smaller Switch because the Switch already has a small 6.2 inch screen. Most Tablets under 7 inches don't sell well because 6 inches is too small for watching video, reading, and web browsing.

The Switch is also a tablet, so most users probably want a bigger size screen to use tablet apps like the web browser, and video apps like Netflix without the need to hold the screen up to their face.

I agree with this. If 6 inches is too small for watching video, reading, and web browsing, then I'm sure it would be too small for gaming. I like my 3DS, especially if I want to keep myself occupied when I have to go stand in line somewhere. But when I'm at home, I don't want to play on a small screen.

I agree with this. If 6 inches is too small for watching video, reading, and web browsing, then I'm sure it would be too small for gaming. I like my 3DS, especially if I want to keep myself occupied when I have to go stand in line somewhere. But when I'm at home, I don't want to play on a small screen.
But the Switch is the 3DS replacement, making it smaller would help it be more mobile. You could still dock it at home.

But the Switch is the 3DS replacement, making it smaller would help it be more mobile. You could still dock it at home.

I know. I just meant that when I am at home, I'd want to play it on my larger tv rather than on the smaller screen of the tablet. It might be fine for using if I have to go run an errand where I have to stand in line and I don't have to disconnect from my game while I go run my errand. I wouldn't mind that feature. But if I'm at home, I'd rather not use the tablet part of it because I could play the game on a much larger tv.

I know. I just meant that when I am at home, I'd want to play it on my larger tv rather than on the smaller screen of the tablet. It might be fine for using if I have to go run an errand where I have to stand in line and I don't have to disconnect from my game while I go run my errand. I wouldn't mind that feature. But if I'm at home, I'd rather not use the tablet part of it because I could play the game on a much larger tv.
I believe that is exactly why Nintendo made the Switch. Use it how you need to.

Back