A showcase of my gaming/desk setup

IntoxNitram

GamingLatest Slave
Staff member
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits

This is my gaming monitor which I use to play my PS4. I use a monitor because I had it lying around and it works better than my old 720p TV as this is full HD, 1080p. It is an ASUS VS248HR. It has a blue LED strip behind it which lights up the wall which I purchased from Amazon. I think its cool, especially when playing in the dark.

This is a picture of my lamp on my desk which I turn on when I want to play with a bit less light than my main light gives. It also shows my Dualshock 4 charging dock which charges my two Red Dualshock 4's (new version). I play with one until it runs out, plug it in to this and use the other.

This is my laptop which I use for posting on this forum along with doing research about games, ect. It is pretty basic and therefore can't really play any games. I intend to eventually upgrade to a decent laptop for gaming on Steam.

In the shelf under my desk I store my PS4, my headset (Turtle Beach Recon 60P) and accompanying wires.

This is my gaming chair, I do not remember the make as I purchased it a couple of years ago. It cost around ~£50 and is very comfortable.

This is the shelf where I store my games. They are £30 and I have space to put up more shelves next to this one when my collection grows. I tend to store games to play on the right and games I have played on the left.

This is the outside of my mini fridge which sits under my desk in the space where my legs should go. On top of it are snacks which I eat during my gaming sessions.

This is the inside of my mini fridge where I store some beer and other stuff, including ice cubes for my whiskey.

I like your little snack shelve there.

Honestly I don't get how people say those chairs are comfy, they look uncomfortable to me but I guess I got to try one to know it for sure.

Also isn't that space for your PS4 a bit snug? I would think there be heating issues.

It looks pretty awesome. What are the specs of your laptop?
It's a HP, forget the name of it. Here are the specs:
Processor: Intel Pentium CPU N3510 @ 1.99GHz
RAM: 8.00GB
It runs Windows 10 and has Intel Integrated graphics (which is the bit which makes it crap for gaming)

I like your little snack shelve there.

Honestly I don't get how people say those chairs are comfy, they look uncomfortable to me but I guess I got to try one to know it for sure.

Also isn't that space for your PS4 a bit snug? I would think there be heating issues.
The chairs are really comfortable, never had an issue with them. What chair do you use?

Its got enough room in there. Had it like this for around 6 months and its never overheated, it occasionally makes a bit of noise, but I have my desk pulled away from the wall so the heat escapes at the back.

That gaming chair probably costs half the price of the laptop... :grin: Also, you have really good taste in beer...

True. Need to save up though because I don't want to be getting something that is good for now - want something built for the future (like an i7 with a GTX 1080 or something)

AMD has some more affordable CPUs with higher performing onboard Radeon graphics compared to Intel integrated graphics.

There are some AMD CPU/APU like a $160 A10-7870K Quad-core which has a maximum frequency of 4.1GHz and 1028 MHz for the Radeon R7 onboard graphics on the chip. The A10 can be good enough for playing game titles like League of Legends, Dota 2, Minecraft, Grand Thelft Auto 5, etc.

You can install a video card like GTX 1080 in the PCI-Express port if you need more performance.

But, if you plan on gaming in 4K, you need to spend more money on a better CPU, and video card.

Back