Actors playing different roles

ZandraJoi

Full GL Member
Credits
When you watch a show with a main character is it hard to see them in another role? Example, I’ve watched SG1 a couple of times now. Amanda Tapping is Samantha Carter. However, I first watched the actress in Sanctuary with longer black hair & an accent. It took me awhile to acclimate seeing her in SG1.

Another example is David Tennant in Doctor Who. I saw him in Broadchurch & could see similar nuances but it was hard not picturing him as “The Doctor”.

Christina Ricci the Wednesday I didn't know it was her until I Google the cast

It's weird sometimes. You may not want to believe that those people are appearing as different characters.

I tend to not like it when they change the actor mid-continuity like Bruce Banner in the MCU and Crabbe from Harry Potter. Anything with similar actors for similar roles like Christopher Lee or Sean Connery being in movies that are well known in different series is pretty much a thing for a while that isn't too bad and might enhance the experience for the movie through memes using the same words from the same actor in a different context. Even with voice actors.

Angelina Jolie is one character that I felt the same way with. I can't remember the one I watched first between Tomb Raider and Mr & Mrs Smith. Her role in both of the movies was difficult for me to tally her in.

Back