Added 2GB of RAM a few days ago

Spiritwarrior

Lurking
Full GL Member
Credits
After making a switch from 512MB to 2GB of RAM for my computer, it runs a lot faster on Vista Basic. The startups, logins and shutdowns are a few seconds shorter and starting up IE and Firefox were a lot quicker. I wanted to make this change to celebrate its first year since it was bought.

I'm thinking about adding another 2GB to make it 4GB to further improve performance and speed.

Its a good idea, unless you have hit the max performance of your computer(though you shouldnt have) Whast is your CPU/GPU speed?

Congrats, on the upgrade.

I have 1GB and it is good enough for my needs "school work, internet, and watching videos."

Info you might find handy.
3-3.5GB is the max amount of ram for 32bit Vista operating system if you have a 512-1GB Videocard. But, if you use onboard video your computer should be able to access all of it since the max amount of ram including video ram is 4GB

3GB of ram and a nice Videocard with 1GB or ram should be good enough for most people.

QUOTE (Stosh @ April 27, 2009 07:23 pm) Its a good idea, unless you have hit the max performance of your computer(though you shouldnt have) Whast is your CPU/GPU speed?
3.0 GHz

QUOTE (froggyboy604 @ April 27, 2009 07:57 pm) Congrats, on the upgrade.

I have 1GB and it is good enough for my needs "school work, internet, and watching videos."

Info you might find handy.
3-3.5GB is the max amount of ram for 32bit Vista operating system if you have a 512-1GB Videocard. But, if you use onboard video your computer should be able to access all of it since the max amount of ram including video ram is 4GB

3GB of ram and a nice Videocard with 1GB or ram should be good enough for most people.
Yes it is, though power users will find that a little more goes a long way, and the fact that I only have a 128 mB integrated graphics card, vista couldn't give me the speed I was looking for.

Open source Linux all the way! As for your processor Kalas, that is quote nice, is it AMD or Intel Duo Core? And Froggyboy 32-bit operating systems can only handle a maximum of 3 gigabytes of ram total, I believe that actually counts video ram, and all.

QUOTE is it AMD or Intel Duo Core?

It's an Intel Pentium 4.

I almost forgot that some Vista systems can't read 4GB of RAM, some will read it as 3.5 or somewhere close to that, I think Vista SP1 corrected this issue.

No, I believe it is the bit you have, You may have an x64 system, check your C:\ drive if you have 2 program files areas, you should be good for 4 gigs.

Edit: Whoops, used the ubuntu term >.>

congrats Spirit, I need to look into getting more ram.

Back