Adding a way to see if we've posted in a thread.

Sugarhill

Awards
Credits
I've seen on another board that uses this, whatever you call it, they are able to switch the bullet to another shape like a star if you've posted in a thread. I like to read the entire board, but sometimes I like to return to a thread that I was in for responses and that would make it a little easier to detect which ones they are.

I am not sure what you mean. If there is a new post in the thread, the icon next to the thread will light up.

Yes, it will light up, but it also has the opportunity to change shapes if I've actually posted in it. So, instead of it just being a dot that lights up, it can be another shape that will signify that I've posted in the thread and light up when there is a new post in the thread.

I believe that is a feature for Xenforo, this being IPB software we do not have that.

But you can go to your profile (by clicking your username) and look up your posts and topics you've made.

No, the boards that I first saw the feature on is also IP.Board, but yeah, I've just been going into my content and starting with whatever is in there first and then reading the rest of the board.

It sounds kind of complicated anyway. It would be interesting to see it implemented.

It is far from complicated, it is pretty easy and usually default in most boards. I have a green arrow symbol on mine that shows you've replied to that thread.

Anyway, even if the admins don't want to change it on here there is a very easy way to do it yourself and it doesn't require going to your profile.

When you click "view new content", in the menu on the left side click "Topics I participated in". Simple.

I'm more than happy to put it on, I just need to know if it's a skin thing or a mod.

You got me there. I've just seen different options on the other boards and assumed it was like picking an emoticon, the software gives you a choice and you choose one. But, you know, don't worry about it. This is becoming more than it should be and the board is fine. I didn't mean to cause a stir. Sorry. :confused:

I actually was coming in here to make a topic about this.
I definitely agree with this. I find myself going back to topics I've already posted in but can't respond further.
Most forums I'm active in have this. It's really helpful. I hope sugarhill can help you set it up.

It's not a huge deal...it's just really convenient. If it can be set up easily, then great.
If not, oh well.

I definitely agree with this. I find myself going back to topics I've already posted in but can't respond further.
Just curious how will an image that shows if you've posted in the thread help with that?

And why do people not click "Topics I participated in" to display all the one's they've posted in? They could easily see if they were the last person to respond or not and that will indicate that you may be able to reply.

I can understand how it's useful but I don't quite understand any of your reasonings for it when there is a perfectly good option already.

Just curious how will an image that shows if you've posted in the thread help with that?

And why do people not click "Topics I participated in" to display all the one's they've posted in? They could easily see if they were the last person to respond or not and that will indicate that you may be able to reply.

I can understand how it's useful but I don't quite understand any of your reasonings for it when there is a perfectly good option already.

I think it's just more of something that you have become used to seeing, so when it's not available, it throws you off. But, I'll be honest, now that I go to my topics first, it actually makes my reading of the board more orderly. So, it's never been a problem, just different. Not having it on this board, makes it better because there are many sections to read and participate in.

I like it now and I kinda wish I had never brought it up. :blush:

I'm in plenty of forums. A lot of times forums have similar topics. I don't remember if I posted in this forum's topic or a different one.
It's not like it's a must. I can figure it out on my own.
It's just habit of going through the forum and posting.
Most I'm in you can see if you've posted before. I just don't have the habit of going to the topics I've posted in before.

Back