Alerts/notification system.

Claraviolet

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Unlock full profile styling
Wouldn't it be great to have some sort of Alerts or notification system for Gaming Force?
We can get notifications when people replies to our topics,when someone quotes us in their posts,when someone tags our username...etc.

go to the upper right of the board where you see your username and click on it to bring up a drop down box. Once the box appears click on 'My settings'. Once the page reloads click on Notification options in the left hand column and then select on what you want to be notified on.

Demon_Skeith said:
go to the upper right of the board where you see your username and click on it to bring up a drop down box. Once the box appears click on 'My settings'. Once the page reloads click on Notification options in the left hand column and then select on what you want to be notified on.
What about adjusting "default settings" a little? 

Anyway,thanks :grin:

Demon_Skeith said:
what do you mean?
Err....almost every user, wants to get notified, when someone quotes him/her, replies to their topics..whatnot. So, why not change the default settings(in your admincp) so that they don't have to "adjust" the settings to get notified.

I personally do not, I detest singing up on a forum and instantly getting my email spammed for every reply made to my comments. If someone wants notifications related to that then they should take 2 mins and set it up.

Demon_Skeith said:
I personally do not, I detest singing up on a forum and instantly getting my email spammed for every reply made to my comments. If someone wants notifications related to that then they should take 2 mins and set it up.
I think the user is suggesting having forum alerts automatically set up, as in in the alerts bar at the top of the forum and not the email alert method. I personally would like the alerts for replies and quotes etc to be on by default as it would encourage discussion. 

Martin said:
I think the user is suggesting having forum alerts automatically set up, as in in the alerts bar at the top of the forum and not the email alert method. I personally would like the alerts for replies and quotes etc to be on by default as it would encourage discussion. 
There isn't anything in the IPB ACP that lets me do that.

Demon_Skeith said:
no such option in IPB.
O.O 
Well, I kinda googled that, so I am not so sure....how about checking the general settings.
I have been to other IPB forums and they have such settings. 

Demon_Skeith said:
How old were the topics though? IPB has taken some features out with  upgrades and we run the latest version. It also might be a hook mod (something extra I have to install)
I see.
I am not really familiar with IPB -.-" 

Demon_Skeith said:
yeah I can do that, but I know users can get pissed off at me for messing with their notification settings.
Never mind then.
I didn't know, all this stuff in the first place. So, ignore my suggestion (_ _)

There's a plugin for this in Vbulletin (Where you can make it so a user gets PMed when quoted in a post). So I would assume there is one for IPB as well or something similar to it.

Back