Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
HRm6HEY.jpg

Alienware has more Steam Machines available for purchase before the official release date of November 10.

Technically, the company has four models available: two with an Intel Core i3 processor, and one each for an Intel Core i5 and Intel Core i7 processor. For the limited sale, Alienware is offering the Intel Core i5 and Intel Core i7 models at $649.99 and $749.99, respectively.

Read More

This does look like a nice portable gaming computer. I wish the front of the case has more than 2 USB ports.

I bet, most Steam Machines would be good enough to play most games on high to medium-high video quality mode.

Most likely, you can buy them on Dell.com which is the owner of Alienware.

I wonder if BestBuy and other retailers will just promote the Windows version of this Alienware gaming console, and say something like "You also get to play Windows Games, and Games from Steam" in its ads.

Is there a significant price difference between the versions of this console?
Alienware is offering the Intel Core i5 and Intel Core i7 models at $649.99 and $749.99, respectively.

The Intel Core i7 model of this console cost $100 more while the Intel Core i5 version is $100 less.

According to the 1st comments on the original article I linked to, if you want to buy this console with Windows on it, you need to pay $50 more to pay for Windows.

Back