All 7 Pokémon generations, ranked

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
All 7 Pokémon generations, ranked

The Pokémon franchise celebrated 20 years in 2016 with the debut of Pokémon Sun andMoon.

As the seventh generation of the Pokémon franchise, Sun and Moon pay tribute to what came before while blazing a bold new path forward. Despite all the changes and new features, however, the question still remains: How do Sun and Moon stack up to the series’ previous entries?

To celebrate the 20th anniversary of one of gaming’s most iconic franchises, we looked back at each Pokémon generation to decide which games are the true champions.

I think out of them all I enjoyed Emerald the most. Mostly for its picture rare pokemon.

Gen 3 is probably my favorite, despite Gen 2 having most of my favorite pokemon

I haven't played Sun & Moon so I can't weigh in on that gen, but here's how the rest shake down.

1. RSE
2. DPP
3. RBY
4. GSC
5. XY
6. B(2)W(2)

I have a hard time going back to a time before the special and physical split, but nostalgia keeps RSE on top. Platinum was the first time I completed both a living dex and a nuzlocke run. RBY and GSC are classics, but I do prefer RBY's campaign to GSC's. XY introduced a great way to share experience. Didn't care much for Black and White or the sequels; the character designs were weird and the story was annoying.

I also am amazed that MSN is still around.

Her Garchomp nearly ended my nuzlocke!

there's nothing easy when you battle her in Platinum. Gastrodon is replaced with Milotic and then Togekiss(a damn tank) is added. One tank(Spiritomb) is bad enough

there's nothing easy when you battle her in Platinum. Gastrodon is replaced with Milotic and then Togekiss(a damn tank) is added. One tank(Spiritomb) is bad enough
I was so glad when I got her down to just the Milotic. I had a tanky Umbreon that kept using sand attack and confuse ray on Milotic until it killed itself.

Back