Nintendo All Wii U Consoles Brick with Time?

Demon_Skeith

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Discovered on NeoGAF:

1677981349449.png

Curious on how long the downtime has to be for the Wii U to become a brick?

All consoles eventually break at uneven rates. Some people get lucky and others get unlucky. I just wish the internet would stop pretending outliers are more common than they actually are.

Every console has their thing that breaks, and the internet boogymans it like it's going to happen tomorrow for every single owner. People still use those consoles years after the "reveal" and still haven't encountered it.

Always have a backup console. By the time it breaks, the Switch can play about the same games you wanted to play on it.

All consoles eventually break at uneven rates. Some people get lucky and others get unlucky. I just wish the internet would stop pretending outliers are more common than they actually are.

Every console has their thing that breaks, and the internet boogymans it like it's going to happen tomorrow for every single owner. People still use those consoles years after the "reveal" and still haven't encountered it.

We're talking about bricking here, not breaking. Big difference.

We're talking about bricking here, not breaking. Big difference.
That doesn't really change the point. Some poor sap on the internet got unlucky and people shit their pants and act like this is going to happen to everyone in the near future. You can find old forum threads about people's 7th and 8th gen consoles bricking and people shit their pants, and plenty of people still have them working several years later and either forgot about this, or didn't even know it existed.

That doesn't really change the point. Some poor sap on the internet got unlucky and people shit their pants and act like this is going to happen to everyone in the near future. You can find old forum threads about people's 7th and 8th gen consoles bricking and people shit their pants, and plenty of people still have them working several years later and either forgot about this, or didn't even know it existed.

I've never heard of a power plug console not being playable due to not being played after a certain amount of time due to software issues.

I've never heard of a power plug console not being playable due to not being played after a certain amount of time due to software issues.
Tbh there’s only one other thread on this, and all the articles are citing the NeoGaf thread, so it seems like a non-issue.

Looking at other instances of that error code, it sounds like the NAND got corrupted when you shut your console off in the middle of saving, so these people could have not realized it when they shut it off last, and just blamed it on the console not being used.

You’d be surprised at how many people unknowingly fuck something up, and don’t touch it for awhile and think “woah, it broke by me looking at it!”

Back