Amazon prime country restrictions

Claraviolet

Full GL Member
Credits
Unlock full profile styling
Why do you think we have these restrictions?
Is it really good to have such restrictions based on the country? If so, why do you think that?

We have so many restrictions not only about Amazon prime recommendtions. I'd say we have more restriction on for movie or web series streaming services.

I think the Amazon country restriction is because of TV shows and movie production companies wanting people in other countries to buy the more expensive DVD or Blu-Ray version of their show, or watch the show on TV where the show earn more money from inserting video ads between their shows during commercial breaks, or the TV channel paying the TV show or movie company a lot of money to show their show on a TV channel.

I see
Not sure why there are so many restrictions even when it comes to local movies. And....those are available in other countries :/

I feel lazyness maybe one reasons there are so many regional restrictions on Amazon. A lot of the restrictions maybe gone if the owner of the TV show and movie have a meeting with Amazon Prime to come out with a fair agreement to show the TV show and movie in more countries, and the owner and actors of the show is fairly paid when showing their show in more countries.

I feel lazyness maybe one reasons there are so many regional restrictions on Amazon. A lot of the restrictions maybe gone if the owner of the TV show and movie have a meeting with Amazon Prime to come out with a fair agreement to show the TV show and movie in more countries, and the owner and actors of the show is fairly paid when showing their show in more countries.
I see
That could be a good solution but I don't think anyone would want to go that far.

I see
That could be a good solution but I don't think anyone would want to go that far.
Tbh it’s not as simple as Froggy thinks it is. There’s multiple organizations to talk to when it comes to international copyright laws. You can’t just hit up James Cameron if you want Avatar on Australian Netflix. You gotta see if it’s licensed in Australia, and see what the licensing restrictions are and whatnot, then you gotta pay for the right to have it on Australian Netflix.

There’s probably more than that, but you can see why it’s not a simple process.

Tbh it’s not as simple as Froggy thinks it is. There’s multiple organizations to talk to when it comes to international copyright laws. You can’t just hit up James Cameron if you want Avatar on Australian Netflix. You gotta see if it’s licensed in Australia, and see what the licensing restrictions are and whatnot, then you gotta pay for the right to have it on Australian Netflix.

There’s probably more than that, but you can see why it’s not a simple process.
I see.
That makes sense now....guess it's not at all easy. (_ _) I just hope I could watch more movies in my local language in prime. That's all.

Back