AMC Theater Reopening Delayed

LEGEND67

Full GL Member
Credits
$50 Steam Gift Card
$50 Steam Gift Card
$50 Steam Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
As the COVID-19 pandemic forces social distancing and closures of businesses where people gather, many of us look for a return to normalcy. However, with some states opening up public venues a little too early, there are new confirmed case spikes in the coronavirus for states like Florida. AMC Theatres was originally planning on reopening on July 15, but plans have changed once again. The month of July was going to see two major releases during the month: Mulan and Tenet. However, last week both films were delayed once again.
Because of this, AMC Theaters is pushing back its opening date now to July 30, according to Deadline. AMC was already preparing to get back into the swing of things, reopening 450 multiplexes around the country with strict guidelines both patrons and employees in order to minimize the risk of spreading the coronavirus. However, Aron received some criticism recently for saying, "We thought it might be counterproductive if we forced mask wearing on those people who believe strongly that it is not necessary."

Hard times, such really hard times, isn't comfortable going and being there anyway once they are open

This is sad news for movies theater fans.

I feel delaying the opening of AMC theaters would be the safest way to prevent more people from getting infected with the Coronavirus.

Yeah, I have no plans to step foot in another theater till at least half a year after vaccines go out. I still couldn't enjoy the opening of the recent avengers due to everyone coughing around me.

Yeah, I have no plans to step foot in another theater till at least half a year after vaccines go out. I still couldn't enjoy the opening of the recent avengers due to everyone coughing around me.

I wont be watching movies in theater until a vaccine is invented, and it is proven to work after a year of use.

Then expecting to se them all close there doors for good. Then again most of us watch from home, but aren't the same

these days, it's not too hard to replicate a movie experience in one own's home.
True but at what cost you know? JVA for good sounds, LG for big 4K TV. Soundproofing.

How far can we go

True but at what cost you know? JVA for good sounds, LG for big 4K TV. Soundproofing.

How far can we go

soundproofing aside, depending on your trip's company, most families spend at least $100 per movie theater visit, over time, it's a cheaper investment at home and safer/comfortable.

get a 5k home theater setup :p

these days, it's not too hard to replicate a movie experience in one own's home.

This is true. But, replicating a movie experience can be difficult if you don't have much money. If you share a room with someone, they may distract you from watching movies if they talk a lot or are addicted to talking too much on the phobe or to you, or use noisy electronics like stereos which can distract you from watching movies.

Yeah we all wish we had that lol

Back