AMD 2012 APU, code name "Trinity" Gaming and multitasking at the same time Video

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling

Wow, the AMD APU can do so much at the same time like play a Directx11 game while running other programs, and playing back an HD video on the laptop with the AMD APU all from one chip.

I think this might mean lowend graphics card won't be needed as much since the AMD APU can run HD games even on a laptop like in this video where the laptop is hidden inside the computer case while the laptop runs a Directx11 game in HD, run other apps, and play a HD video file on the laptop screen.

More about AMD APU on regular systems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dxIsRMvFZE

I agree, but having the ability to multi-task hugely can be a good selling point to PC buyers since they probably dealt with lag problems like Internet Explorer crashing and acting slow because their current computer has too little RAM, or slow CPU.

If the AMD APU which combines the CPU and GPU into one affordable chip, the average user will say/think, "Wow, I rather buy an AMD APU instead of a lowend Intel CPU since the AMD APU can run more graphical intensive task while multi-tasking, and it is cheaper then Intel which needs a seperate video card made by ATI or Nvidia to play most Directx11 games in HD".

I agree, but having the ability to multi-task hugely can be a good selling point to PC buyers since they probably dealt with lag problems like Internet Explorer crashing and acting slow because their current computer has too little RAM, or slow CPU.

If the AMD APU which combines the CPU and GPU into one affordable chip, the average user will say/think, "Wow, I rather buy an AMD APU instead of a lowend Intel CPU since the AMD APU can run more graphical intensive task while multi-tasking, and it is cheaper then Intel which needs a seperate video card made by ATI or Nvidia to play most Directx11 games in HD".

Well that's what the average user will think but that's not the usual fact & tech gurus know it.

Since the APU is made by AMD, the APU chip would be a better deal then an lowend Intel CPU + lowend dedicated or onboard videocard since the AMD APU also combines ATI graphics with processing for better visual performance, and multi-tasking since the ATI graphics chip built-in to the CPU/APU can also be used as an extra processor. I also heard the APU can work with a dedicated video card for even better video processing.

This would mean more people on a budget can play DirectX11 games in medium setting without lag by using an AMD APU. Online games like Flash games could be made in 3D and HD since more people can play HD and 3D games with a better computer chip powering their computer.

Since the APU is made by AMD, the APU chip would be a better deal then an lowend Intel CPU + lowend dedicated or onboard videocard since the AMD APU also combines ATI graphics with processing for better visual performance, and multi-tasking since the ATI graphics chip built-in to the CPU/APU can also be used as an extra processor. I also heard the APU can work with a dedicated video card for even better video processing.

This would mean more people on a budget can play DirectX11 games in medium setting without lag by using an AMD APU. Online games like Flash games could be made in 3D and HD since more people can play HD and 3D games with a better computer chip powering their computer.

Thing is though, if people wanted to game, they'd get an actual dedicated video card. For other tasks, Intel CPUs + their onboard cards can perform better imo.

True, but I think AMD APU chips would be cheaper. I used AMD chips in the past, and they are pretty good for the cheaper price tag. The onboard intel graphics are not very good I heard. I think if the motherboard for the AMD APU chip still has a PCI express slot for a dedicated video card, so they can add one latter if they feel the APU is not good enough.

Back