Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Fox has confirmed American Idol will end following the conclusion of Season 15, which starts in January, 2016.

The network has revealed host Ryan Seacrest and judges Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick, Jr. will all be back for the "season-long celebratory event".

Though it may seem surprising to some given the huge impact the show has had on popular culture, the writing's been on the wall for some time. At its peak back in the good old days, the show would grip families across America, but the last two seasons saw numbers fall beneath 15 million for the first time.

This year in particular saw American Idol fall to a new low with a 1.4 rating in the demo, pulling in around 9 million viewers.

There's no word on who will appear on the final season to guarantee a worthy send-off but, with Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson and Carrie Underwood amongst its alums, it's sure to be pretty star-studded. The current season of American Idol ends this week.
source

didn't know it was still going.

I'm glad, I never really liked American Idol anyways. I think that the voice is much better. :p

Back