Amiibo

Flying_Buffalo

Nintenpro
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
View attachment 214 Amiibo. Nintendo's jump into the profitable interactive toy industry. I was a bit skeptical of them at first as I have played a couple of the Skylander games and have learned that it is crazy expensive to fully enjoy those games. However, once I found out though how collectable they were, I became interested in them. Now I don't go out and grab EVERY single Amiibo they make, but every so often I'll get one that looks interesting or one that's part of a bundle. And of course I have to have all of the Zelda Amiibo, which I do at the time of this posting. So what are you're thoughts on Amiibo? Do you have to have them all, or just some? Maybe you don't care at all?

I didn't care about Amiibo when it first came out. In fact, I still don't really care for them. I only own 3 and I don't know if I'll ever get any more. I have Lucas, my main in Smash, Lucina, my second, and my favorite female in gaming, and Wolf Link because they said it would be compatible with the new Zelda game and I was going to get Twilight Princess HD anyway.

That's pretty much how I am about them. I just like to collect them for looks more than using them in games. I really haven't found good Amiibo support except for Breath of the Wild. Hopefully having Wolf Link around will be awesome and the Breath of the Wild Amiibo will be cool as well.

I hope they can some how make Wolf Link somewhat story driven instead of, "Hey look a wolf that just follows you." I doubt that'll happen, but it would be cool none the less.

That's what I was kind of thinking too. Just placing him there without explanation just kills the surrealism. I'm not saying he has to be related to the story, but it'd be nice if he were explained. Like by the old man or something.

Cute as they look, I rather just have one with all data on it which I think there is something like that out there.

Oh, wow. It didn't know that was a thing. I can understand the appeal of it though.

Well all Amiibo are is a piece of art with a RFID chip in the pedestal. I only really own them so I can have a better grasp as a Smash character and I make sure I own the ones that have games for them I own, that being said I only own two and I plan on getting a Pit one as a novelty and to make sure I am the best Pit Main in existence even if they may have programming in the game that makes them hit harder and escape grabs faster.

Back