Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp to be sunset on November 28, 2024 after over 7 years of service

Tiger21820

Master of Fire & Ice!
Staff member
Administrator
Manager
Lottery Manager
Credits
After 7 years of service, the mobile game featuring those silly animals will be sunset on November 28th of this year, 6 days after it's 7th anniversary! It was one of the few mobile games (others being the sunset games Miitomo and Pokémon Rumble Rush, and the currently operational games Fire Emblem Heroes and Super Mario Run) that had My Nintendo missions where you could earn score platinum points by completing various missions that could be redeemed for various (and in some cases, exclusive) content within those games among other things!

In it's place, a paid, offline version will be launched with microtransactions, and the ability to carry over your save data! My question is... WHY ON EARTH DID NINTENDO NOT DO THIS WITH ANY OTHER OF IT'S MOBILE GAMES!? WHY DID THEY NOT DO THIS WITH DRAGALIA LOST!?

Now think about this: Nintendo offering an offline solution to a live service game that they just sunset!? Has Nintendo finally made a technological breakthrough that all other game developers were too gosh dang lazy to do themselves, and thus beginning a new age of mobile game preservation that other companies will soon emulate? Or has Nintendo finally gone SENILE!? (I mean, it's been over 100 years, so...) YOU DECIDE!!!

Last edited:
There are games that have gone longer. The Simpsons Tapped Out is still going strong and that games been around since 2012.

Back