Any Updates on Blizzard hosting Classic WoW servers?

Zyni

Credits
I've been looking, but I haven't seen any updates. The last thing I saw on the official WoW forums was a long thread that seems to have been abandoned by the "blues" ages ago. It was made before Blizzcon, and they said they wouldn't have an update until after the con. Well, it's long after, and I still haven't seen anything.

It would be nice to at least hear something. They mentioned "internal conversations" regarding legacy servers. Are those conversations still happening? Were they just placating players who want this?

I don't think an update is a lot to ask, instead of keeping people on the line.

Don't think it's happening. I am not a fan of Blizzard anymore. One of my favorite private server was shutdown because of them. I mean, I guess they have the right. That server has had a lot of players, almost 8,000 at peak. Been playing it for like 2 years, and poof! Gone. Don't know if they are rebooting but I doubt that.

I just hope Blizzard will miraculously revive a TBC official server. I think that would ruin everything. :grin:

If you're looking at them bringing back old servers, it will never happen.

I think that would ruin everything. :grin:

I don't understand. If you want TBC to return, why would it ruin everything? I'd love to see it return!:)

If you're looking at them bringing back old servers, it will never happen.

I'm curious, why do you say that? I know a lot of people think that, but do you have any reasons why you think so? I think it would be great for publicity to finally give something back to their original fans. I don't know why they are so against doing it, unless they're afraid it will show up the new stuff.

I don't understand. If you want TBC to return, why would it ruin everything? I'd love to see it return!:)
So do I! What I meant by that is since there are so many players screaming for Blizzard to make a classic private server such as vanilla, those players will be playing back because of nostalgia or some sort. So the number of players who play Legion and other new expansions will drastically cut off. Then Blizzard will think twice again since there is really little thing a vanilla WoW can offer and they can't make enough money out of it unlike Legion. At least that is my personal opinion. :)

Back