Anyone else prefer beta content to actual game content?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I swear, the beta videos and levels in games are so much better than the actual ones, and I never quite got why the developers tend to cut out so much perfectly functioning stuff...

Oh, hell yes. I think they're scrapped sometimes because of time issues or something.

Sometimes beta stuff is cool, but it often pales in comparison to the final product. It's like, "Hey, it would've been neat if they put that level in...but I'm glad that they kept the ones they did."

Beta content is scrapped due to limitations, bugs, or because of something they want to happen, but can't be done with said thing in the game.

Apparently Bioshock was suppose to have an entire economic system and the plasmids were going to interact with the environment much more then they do in the game.

So yes, I think some beta ideas should have been kept.

Super mario galaxy had a cool looking :3 enemy and super mario galaxy 2 had levels that looked really fun in the beta elements

Sometimes beta stuff is cool, but it often pales in comparison to the final product. It's like, "Hey, it would've been neat if they put that level in...but I'm glad that they kept the ones they did."

True. But you've got to admit, some beta levels are pretty fun to play, and could have been better than the actual ones.

Super mario galaxy had a cool looking :3 enemy and super mario galaxy 2 had levels that looked really fun in the beta elements

Can you give some more information? Because this sounds really interesting.

Back