Anyone else think the Donkey Kong Country Returns concept art is awesome?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Really, some of this looks awesome:

med_gallery_1_2_27866.jpg

DK fighting against an eel like boss. This would have been so much better than the Scurvy Crew for a boss, don't you think?

med_gallery_1_2_92955.jpg

Some beautiful looking waterfalls and DK going past. God I wish there was a level this close to them in the actual game.

med_gallery_1_2_21426.jpg

A lava spitting banana volcano? Okay, this is one idea I don't get.

med_gallery_1_2_13909.jpg

DK and Diddy explore the volcano. Brilliant shot, captures the desolate feel of this world perfectly.

med_gallery_1_2_190987.jpg

DK and Diddy climbing on bamboo.

med_gallery_1_2_81810.jpg

One of the most atmospheric bits of concept art ever, showing DK swinging on ropes past some pirate ships firing on him from the background. Looks a lot like Donkey Kong Country 2 to an extent, and if Retro ever makes a Donkey Kong Country Returns 2 in the same style, this should be a level.

med_gallery_1_2_45665.jpg

An underwater level. God this would have been stunning to look at in the game, and not having such levels means we never got a great idea of interesting level ideas.

med_gallery_1_2_145500.jpg

A temple area. Why does it seem all the hypothetical stuff looks more interesting than the final game?

med_gallery_1_2_85760.jpg

The cliff world. You can even see the forest world in the background!

med_gallery_1_2_73346.jpg

World 1.

med_gallery_1_2_59210.jpg

A battle with a vulture. Would this have been a new Necky boss, like Master Necky or Krow?

I wanted that pirate ship level, the bamboo level and the underwater stuff. But they didn't add it. I was a bit sad... but now I know that they've had these ideas and will probably try to implement them in a sequel if there is one!

SCURVY CREW WAS THE BEST BOSS!

I find that banana volcano to be really awesome for some strange reason. But that Pirate ship would've been pretty darn fun level to play in if it was added.
sad.gif

I find that banana volcano to be really awesome for some strange reason. But that Pirate ship would've been pretty darn fun level to play in if it was added.
sad.gif
There is a pirate ship level? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5W58LHhXSg&feature=related

Oh god, I would hang every damn one of those up on my wall. I love retro, they're like the Rare of this generation.

oh yeah, the concept art in the game is great, makes a nice little addition to the game.

Back