Anyone worry about flash games?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
As in, how many great games will probably be lost now that Flash support is being dropped in most browsers and devices?

Because let's face it, an awful lot of games made in said format were pretty amazing back in the day. Stuff like Onslaught 2 (the tower defence game, not the shooter) and the Yeti Sports series and what not were pretty fun, and that's not even getting into the Nintendo fan game world in terms of flash games.

There we had such cool stuff like Super Mario 63:

Super Smash Bros Flash:

Hell, the whole Super Mario Crossover series is a collection of flash games:

I hope these types of games won't be lost forever, and that someone has a plan to either convert them to exe format or redo them in HTML 5 and Javascript... Cause I fear a whole technology's worth of games could be wiped out if we're not careful.

Anyone feel the same way?

I'm worried about Flash games... my childhood was mostly sitting in front of a computer screen, playing Super Mario 63! And then there was Super Mario Crossover...

I just found a tutorial on YouTube that shows you how to convert Flash games to .exe format, but I doubt that they're actually playable. So, needless to say, I'm getting worried.

I'm worried about Flash games... my childhood was mostly sitting in front of a computer screen, playing Super Mario 63! And then there was Super Mario Crossover...

I just found a tutorial on YouTube that shows you how to convert Flash games to .exe format, but I doubt that they're actually playable. So, needless to say, I'm getting worried.

Most answers I got about this were 'emulate an old computer with a flash player', so I'm getting worried there as well. Especially if your mentioned flash to exe converter doesn't work.

Back