froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Some of Apple's older devices ran into trouble with the iOS 9.3 update released earlier this week. The iPad 2 took the worst of it; users reported that the tablet was unable to complete the activation process with Apple's servers after being updated. But other products including the iPhone 5S had their own set of problems. They couldn't complete the update unless users remembered the original Apple ID and password used to set them up out of the box. If the device had switched accounts (or owners) at some point, that could lead to a serious headache. So far, Apple has taken two steps to fix the unforeseen problems with iOS 9.3.

Read More

I never knew that Apple was still releasing updates for the iPad 2 which got released on March 2011.

It's good that Apple fixed problems with the iPad 2 by recently releasing iOS 9.3.

Must still have a large user base for it.

Must still have a large user base for it.

I read online that the iPad 2 is still one of the most popular iPad versions.

I think the iPad started to be less popular when cheaper Google Android and Amazon Kindle Fire tablets started to get faster, and better. The iPad 3 is faster, but most people are fine with the iPad 2.

More people who want a tablet probably picked an Android tablet instead of an iPad because Android is more affordable, and has features like front facing stereo speakers, Micro SD memory card slot, and support for USB devices like mouse, keyboard, wired game controller, Storage drive and USB hub which are not available on the iPad.

Back