Arcade?

WitchAssassin

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Username Style
Unlock full profile styling
Have you ever played games at an arcade? Which kind of games did you play? How much time & money have you spent at an arcade?

I actually went to an arcade for my friends bachelor party. Actually it was bar/arcade, but I don't drink so it's not important. I remember I played the original Donkey Kong and got the high score. I played a racing game, Galaga, Pac-Man, and a few others. They also had a machine that played NES games so I played Mario 3 and got to world 8 via warp whistles.

The best part is, most of the cabinets were free to play. So the most I spent was probably $5 or less since I also played Pinball and a shooting game.

I've went to a few cheap built in ones at hotels, I've never been in a building dedicated to arcade like in the old days.

I guy I work with told me that there is an arcade that's in another town that's only 45 minutes away. You can go there and pay one small fee to get in. Once you're in, you can spend all day there and play all the games you want until they close.

We've got a Dave and Busters here that I've been to a few times. My favorite game there is a 4 player version of Pacman. They've also got a big Star Wars pod with a screen that wraps around your entire field of vision. You can choose a couple different scenarios to pilot.

We also have a bar/arcade downtown with a bunch of older titles. All you have to do is buy a drink for unlimited plays. NFL Blitz is probably my favorite there.

that sounds awesome.

Yeah. I've thought about visiting it but I don't want to drive 45 minutes away, only to turn around and come back because there isn't really anything of any interest to me.

We've got a Dave and Busters here that I've been to a few times. My favorite game there is a 4 player version of Pacman. They've also got a big Star Wars pod with a screen that wraps around your entire field of vision. You can choose a couple different scenarios to pilot.

We also have a bar/arcade downtown with a bunch of older titles. All you have to do is buy a drink for unlimited plays. NFL Blitz is probably my favorite there.

We don't have a Dave & Busters anywhere near here. They advertise commercials for them but we don't have one here.

I don't even leave my house if it's snowing, much less driving 45 minutes away to go to an arcade. I like arcades but not that much.

I haven't been to an arcade in ages. I think the last time I went to an arcade was probably when I was around 8 or 9 years on holiday. I can't even remember the games I played although the place I went to had a mini bowling alley which I had a few turns on.

The same goes for me. I haven't been to an arcade in ages, I can't remember the last time I'd been to one. I remember playing at a few of them when I was a kid though.

well growing up poor didn't really help in that aspect. Arcade games are expensive as hell with tokens, and the prizes are really crappy too when you are looking at the lower end of it. The really expensive ones are great, but then you have to either purchase a ton of tokens or be good at a game in order to get even close to the price of the items. Most are just unrealistic and are just there to entice you, like when I saw a full PS2 for an inordinate amount of tickets.

There are a few arcades here that are quite updated with modern games. Recently, they've just got a Tekken 7 multiplayer back-to-back arcade. I think it's so neat really, not a lot of people expected that coming as even the more bigger malls here don't have Tekken 7 arcades yet. I tend to play there from time to time as I have no money for the actual game yet.

Back