Archos GamePad Google Android Tablet/Handheld with built-in Controller arrives in the United States

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGq7z4uS0hk

Archos Gamepad Google Android Tablet gaming system combines Android 4.1, a 7-inch 1,024 x 600 screen and honest-to-goodness physical buttons, all within a 0.3-inch thick enclosure that's priced between $179 and $189. The GamePad sports a 1.6GHz dual-core CPU and a Mali-400 MP GPU.

Read more

If I did not buy a tablet earlier before the release of the Archos Gamepad, I would of bought the Archos Gamepad because it is affordable, fast, and has physical buttons which can be mapped to onscreen buttons on touch based games, and looks good for emulating older N64, PSX, and similar game.

Maybe I buy the Archos Gamepad when my current tablet breaks, or I need a new one.

Most likely making the controller being removable will bring up the cost.

I like that it is not disconnectable since it means the controller is harder to lose, and looks like an actual bigger screened handheld system like the 3DS XL, but with 1 screen instead of two.

Making the controller disconnectable may also make the tablet thicker, and heavier instead of just having the controls built-in to the tablets case.

Back