Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
When can more "serious" consoles like the 360 and the PlayStation 3 expect to escape the hardcore-gamer ghetto and enjoy the kind of mainstream acceptance (and sales) that the Wii revels in? According to Activision Chief Executive Bobby Kotick, that day will come when the machines cost $199.

"In the next 24 months they all will need to be at that $199 price point, and you can imagine Nintendo will be down to the $129 price point over the next few years," Kotick told Reuters.

"The Wii at its price point is now setting a standard and an expectation, and people say, well, the Wii is less complex technically. I don't think that really matters as much to the consumer."

link

I'm glad the Wii's accepted into mainstream society. The console has sold very well, it should really deserve to win the console war. But, there's no big hits except Super Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and MP3: Corruption. Those are the only 3 games that a hardcore gamer would buy. The games I see are unappealing. Most resembles puzzle, arcade-like, and multiplayer (1-4 player) games, which is mostly a turnoff. I still have hopes that they'll come out with games, but they're minimum.

As for the price drop, it's gonna be obvious the prices of the consoles will drop. The prices have to drop sometime to get the consumer to finally afford and have the experience to play on these consoles.

I'm thinking this could be the break gamers have been waiting for a long time. The price drop of both systems could at least bring in some relief.

Back