Are cheap AMD CPU like A4 better for Gaming than cheap Intel Celerons?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, I think cheap AMD CPUs like the A4 which cost around $40 are slightly better for gaming with. AMD A4-7300 CPU comes with Radeon HD8470 Graphics integrated graphics, and its CPU has a maximum frequency of 4 GHz. The Radeon series of graphics chips are better for gaming compared to Intel graphics which seems only suited for office work, and video.

Modern game consoles also use AMD for both the video and CPU chip.

I had a few bad experience gaming on Intel onboard graphics since I had a few games which are not compatible with Intel onboard graphics, or the Intel graphics were too slow to play a game.

Well, as far as I've read, AMD is usually considered better than Intel for gaming, while Intel ranks first for running programs and doing work-related tasks...

I think AMD is usually better for people who are on a tight budget of $100 or less for a CPU with integrated/onboard graphics.

But, Intel CPUs use less electricity, and run at lower temperatures, so they are good for offices with many computers who want to save money on electricity, and air conditioning costs if they live in a hot country like India.

Back