Are Gamers considered PC Gamers when playing Android games on a PC with Android OS?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think if gamers play any type of games including Android games on a Android PC device like a desktop or laptop with a keyboard and mouse, the Gamer is considered a PC Gamer because they are not using a mobile device like a smartphone, handheld or tablet to play games.

There are also now Android Operating Systems like Remix OS which are designed for Desktop and Laptop PCs, so I think eventually companies like Valve/Steam, and GOG will port some of their PC games to Android when there are more people who use an Android based Desktop Operating System like Remix OS on a PC.

It's not what you're playing it on so much that counts as what that game was designed for.
Especially since you have to run special software or an entirely other operating system to even play that game to begin with. It's little different than a person who uses an emulator to play PS1 games on their PC. Or the person who uses their modded Xbox to play N64 games.

Nah, I wouldn't consider them PC gamers. When I think PC gamers I think those who use Steam and made their PC from scratch.

Nah, I wouldn't consider them PC gamers. When I think PC gamers I think those who use Steam and made their PC from scratch.

I think it is possible to install Remix OS, and Android x86 on a Gaming PC which you built from scratch or bought from a company like Alienware.

Back in the past, a lot of PC Gamers bought games storedon ad isc because of slow internet service, limited monthly bandwidth, and they did not trust Steam in the beginning because some gamers feared that they will lose access to all their games if Steam went bankrupt or closed down if Steam did not make enough money to stay open.

There are some older PC Games like Dead Space, Grand Theft Auto, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Max Payne which got ported to Android with controller support.

It is probably possible to run some PC Games within Android with a Emulator, Android Virtual Machine software, or Windows Runtime program like WineHQ.

It's not what you're playing it on so much that counts as what that game was designed for.
Especially since you have to run special software or an entirely other operating system to even play that game to begin with. It's little different than a person who uses an emulator to play PS1 games on their PC. Or the person who uses their modded Xbox to play N64 games.

agreed

Back