Are mobile gamepad controllers for smartphones and tablets too expensive?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I feel some gamepad controllers for Android and iOS which cost $10-30 are fairly priced.

But, the controllers which cost $60 are too expensive unless they have a lot of nice features, or cool apps which let you map the buttons to the screen.

Sometimes you have to pay for quality.

Get a $5 USB otg cable and hook up a wired gamepad you have lying around, you now have a cheap mobile gaming controller. If you want bluetooth and own a ps4, dualshock 4s work as well.

This is a good idea. But, I think it is sometimes best to just buy a controller like the Nvidia Shield controller made for mobile devices because the controller comes with button mapping apps to map the on-screen buttons to the physical controller.

The PS4 controller is sometimes pretty expensive costing $50-60 compared to mobile controllers the Moga Pro series of mobile controller which can be bought for $10-30 on Amazon.

This is a good idea. But, I think it is sometimes best to just buy a controller like the Nvidia Shield controller made for mobile devices because the controller comes with button mapping apps to map the on-screen buttons to the physical controller.

The PS4 controller is sometimes pretty expensive costing $50-60 compared to mobile controllers the Moga Pro series of mobile controller which can be bought for $10-30 on Amazon.
True, most android specific controllers have button mapping software, however if you have a rooted phone it's pretty easy to remap as well. As far as USB controllers go, Xbox 360 controllers (even afterglow) are already mapped properly and work exceptionally well with USB OTG. I'll make a video showcasing it one of these days.

True, most android specific controllers have button mapping software, however if you have a rooted phone it's pretty easy to remap as well. As far as USB controllers go, Xbox 360 controllers (even afterglow) are already mapped properly and work exceptionally well with USB OTG. I'll make a video showcasing it one of these days.

Good luck on making your video. It would be useful for people who want to use a controller on their smartphones.

A lot of games on some mobile controllers like the Moga Pro and Nvidia Shield controller already pre-map the buttons for popular mobile games, and the Shield controller allow users to share their button maps with other users, so users don't need to manually map buttons which other users mapped and shared to its online community.

Some mobile controllers like the Nvidia Shield controller has extra buttons like Home, Back, recent apps, and screen capture buttons which maybe missing from regular game controllers.

Back