Are netbooks + cheap computers for mainly surfing the internet becoming more popular?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, I think netbooks like the Google Chromebook, Macbook Air, and cheaper Windows 8 netbooks, smaller desktops and laptops with Dual Core CPU, onboard integrated video, and 2-3GB of RAM, Smartphones, iPads, and Android tablets are becoming more popular as the main device people use to surf the web.

Bigger 11-12 inch screen  netbooks may still popular since I still see bigger screen 11-12 inch Windows netbooks which are being advertise as good  devices for surfing the web, messaging, Netflix, office work, homework, and basic gaming (flash games and games like Minecraft). 

But, smaller sized netbooks with 7-9 inch screens don't seem to be sold at many places anymore. 

Buyers buying Windows and Apple netbook and Notebook is slowing down, but the Google Chromebook laptop/netbook is now 20% of the commercial notebooks sold according to http://www.pcworld.com/article/2082310/chromebooks-charge-into-business-market-capture-20-of-commercial-notebooks.html

261dc02.jpg

The growth of the Google Chromebook is also rising faster than iPads, Android tablets, and Windows 8 tablets.

I read on blogs that the Chromebook is becoming more popular in Elementary to Hish Schools for doing activities like typing, searching up information online, e-mail, and other school tasks.

Back