Are Nintendo Fans Less SJW Like?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Yeah, it's an odd question I know. I was going to say more liberal/conservative or more anti media, but I felt that was too vague and confusing.

But I do wonder that given how it seems GamerGate support (like with myself) is a bit higher among the Nintendo fanbase than the rest of the gaming population and support for anti 'mainstream media/politics' stuff like Bernie Sanders seems to be a bit more common here.

Maybe it's the first hand experience with the media treating Nintendo like crap that's led the fans to be a bit more skeptical of their claims. Or maybe not, given that the Nintendo specific media seems a lot more... fair towards people with dissenting viewpoints than the likes of Polygon or Kotaku.

So what do you think? Is this a trend? And does anyone find it kind of pleasant how it is like this, and how crap like Feminist Frequency are treated like the bullshit they are by more Nintendo fans than other console fans?

I like to hope GamerGate support is in the minority across the board because it's disgusting and a threat to my life and career.

I think Nintendo fans are more interested in games which are fun, and less realistic. But, they maybe less interested in games with a political messages and themes like many shooter games like Call of Duty, so they maybe less SJW.

Nintendo fans maybe less interested in politics since they seem to be younger, or more innocent/younger at heart, so they may not know much about being a social justice warrior/SJW.

Despite Nintendo's attempts to appeal more to the global audience, it's really appealing most in Japan.
I could easily see people using a 3DS in public everywhere in Tokyo for instance, from a group of children in a restaurant to an adult office clerk in a metro.
In western Europe this is a very rare thing to see, even among children.
And in eastern Europe this just doesn't exist.

Another factor is, in western countries Nintendo is commonly advertised as a kids platform, while in Japan it's advertised as a family and friends platform.
And I don't mean advertising the way Nintendo does, I mean the way the people describe Nintendo.

I don't really see many people using Nintendo handhelds these days. But, I think Nintendo is popular with families.

Back