Are PC monitors with built-in Speakers Worth the Extra Money?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
No, I don't think PC monitors with built-in speakers are worth it because monitors with speakers usually cost more than regular monitors without speakers.

There are cheap $10-20 speakers which have louder sound, and sound better than the smaller speakers in a monitor with sound.

Some $25 and more expensive speakers come with a third subwoofer speaker for better bass sounds.

It is also not hard to find a pair of affordable stereo speakers from a department store, thrift store, flea market, garage sale, Craigslist, or eBay if you have very little money to spend on speakers.

If you have a stereo or speaker system with a line-in/auxiliary port, you can use your stereo or speaker system to use as a PC speaker when you use a line-in/auxilary cable to connect the speaker to the 3.5 mm jack on your PC's sound card.

The built in ones don't tend to be very good, I'd rather spend money on some actual speakers like I have done with my PC monitor and PS4 set up.

The built in ones don't tend to be very good, I'd rather spend money on some actual speakers like I have done with my PC monitor and PS4 set up.

I think using a pair of headphones or headsets with a mic and headphones could be a good way to listen to sound because there are affordable headphones and headsets which have good sound quality which are better than built-in sound from PC monitors.

Nope, anything built in like that is usually cheap. You're better off getting an external sound set up.

No, I don't believe they are worth the extra money. Speakers on monitors never tend to be good in terms of sound quality and a lot of the time you are better off going out and shopping around and finding a good deal on some good speakers over paying more or a monitor with built in speakers.

I know in a lot of cases you can get speakers for a really good price and they are good quality in terms of sound and you can probably save a lot more money doing it that way.

Back