Are people not as interested in electronic devices, and rather play or use non-electronic things?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think many people are losing interest in electronics like PC, smartphones/tablets, TV, game consoles, and rather play with toys like fidget spinners, balls, oragami paper folding, and yo-yos, etc or activities like cooking, playing musical instruments, sewing, planting/gardening.

At least, when you are away from your smartphone, computer, and game consoles, you don't have to do work on a screen like typing homework, read mean comments, installing device updates, backing up data, or worrying about a random virus, ransomware, and malware infecting your PC or phone when the user is not currently using their PC, smartphones, tablets, and device which is turned ON and connected to the internet where there is always a chance that their device can get hacked or infected by a virus when there is power, and a device is connected to the internet.

Plus, some electronics these days are poorly made and there is a chance of the battery catching on fire, exploding, or the whole device breaking because of a power surge, or being dropped on the ground unlike a item like a ball or frisbee which is more durable.

Last edited:
Nah, don't like one fad put thoughts in your head. Kids are still sadly glued to their screens.

Nah, don't like one fad put thoughts in your head. Kids are still sadly glued to their screens.

I know some younger kids who like to play with building blocks, toy cars, dolls, and balls. I still see older kids play with musical instruments, bikes, skateboards, and play different sports like basketball.

Books, Vinyl music records, tattoos, pets, travel, wood working, gardening, cooking and antiques, are still popular with kids, adults, and older young to middle age people.

But, sadly, a lot of kids and adults these days seem to spend too much time on social networks, and playing TV based entertainment. At least, they are learning about offline tasks like yo-yos, fidget spinners, cooking, sports, and bikes from the internet, and TV.

But, sadly, a lot of kids and adults these days seem to spend too much time on social networks, and playing TV based entertainment. At least, they are learning about offline tasks like yo-yos, fidget spinners, cooking, sports, and bikes from the internet, and TV.
That's a point. I don't know if you guys watch those shows but I watch things like Big brother, The Block, House Rules and such and I often learn from those shows.

That's a point. I don't know if you guys watch those shows but I watch things like Big brother, The Block, House Rules and such and I often learn from those shows.

When I was younger, I watch video game related shows, electronics and computer shows, car shows, anime, cartoons, cooking, foreign music shows, and other types of shows where I learned about topics, and things which I probably would of never learned until the internet became more popular, had more websites, and ran faster which was many years later in 2003 when I got broadband cable internet, and more people started to create more websites on different topics. I could of also went to a book store to buy expensive books and magazines on these topics, or the local library which did not have a huge selection of books, magazines, music, DVDs, and PC disc programs in the past.

I think some shows can be a good source of educational information since a lot of schools may not teach certain topics like science, cooking, and wood working very well compared to a show which can find and afford to hire a scientist, chief, carpenter, or other professional with more experience and knowledge on a certain subject.

Last edited:
That's such a good thing! That's why even though I hate the fidget spinners, it gets kids off of the phone and gets them to stop playing video games long enough to so something else. People are using their imaginations again and that's a really beautiful thing to see! My eyes hurt after using those devices all day. I use my computer at work, I come home and get on my phone and I use my laptop for games on my off days as well. Its exhausting. I hope they come up with something right after the fidget spinner to that's even more exciting so that kids can get excited about more than technology and video games. Its a waste of our minds.

That's such a good thing! That's why even though I hate the fidget spinners, it gets kids off of the phone and gets them to stop playing video games long enough to so something else. People are using their imaginations again and that's a really beautiful thing to see! My eyes hurt after using those devices all day. I use my computer at work, I come home and get on my phone and I use my laptop for games on my off days as well. Its exhausting. I hope they come up with something right after the fidget spinner to that's even more exciting so that kids can get excited about more than technology and video games. Its a waste of our minds.

There are Fidget Spinner giveaways, and some of the Spinners are being given away by karate schools, sports teams and other places, so some kids may become interested in sports, and other activities after participating in the free fidget spinner contest or giveaway from sports team, and other places which are giving them away to promote their team, store, company, or themselves if they are a celebrity which is giving away spinners to their fans, or printing their logo/signature on the spinner.

Some people are also using a Fidget Spinner to play the guitar with it while the Spinner is spinning, and it makes the guitar sounds unique. I think some of the people who watch those Fidget Spinner guitar playing videos maybe interested in learning to play the guitar with a fidget spinner, or with their fingers.

Last edited:
I was kidding. hehe Just the latest fad. I did think about buying a bunch and then holding on to them in case they ever become valuable! lol Hey, don't steal my idea!

I was kidding. hehe Just the latest fad. I did think about buying a bunch and then holding on to them in case they ever become valuable! lol Hey, don't steal my idea!

I think the plastic three armed fidget spinners, and cheaply made ones are more likely to be fads, and become less popular after a few months.

But, the higher quality fidget spinners and spinners with better metal body designs will be around for a longer amount of time, or have its more dedicated users still playing, and modifying them to make them look better, spin faster, and longer while making less noise when spinning.

I was kidding. hehe Just the latest fad. I did think about buying a bunch and then holding on to them in case they ever become valuable! lol.. Hey, don't steal my idea!
haha yeah my local grocery store bought a load of them a while back, when I asked him how much he paid for them he said more than he should have done, he'd had them for about two weeks and only sold about five of them lol.. These things have been around since the first world war times when they invented the ball bearing lol.. Dads would bring them home to their kids to play with or just use them for using when the moment strikes as they can have a sort of calming effect on people oddly enough. But yeah, you could buy them and sell them on eBay and that, not sure what profit you would make after fees though! lol..

Are people not as interested in electronic devices, and rather play or use non-electronic things
Here's what I think, you have a good point, but people are people and don't forever stay using one or more things all of the time. They like to switch it up and do different things. And do things in between doing things too. As much as people love using the Internet and playing games and socializing, networking and that via their desktop PC or mobile tablet device, they don't want to be glued to them 24/7 so they need to take breaks. Like, hey, I'm getting off here to chill out and have some dinner or whatever. But I'll be back later lol.. But in the meantime, they probably done something else like just sat down chilling out and pulled out their fidget spinner or Rubik's cube or something lol.. You know what I'm saying though right? And as long as there are things like Fidget Spinners and other sort of technical, practically useful and just cool to spin, zip, shoot or do while they're bored or chillaxing whatev's, then people will always be doing that. But at some point, they will always return back to their electronic devices again lol!.. That's what I think! :p

haha yeah my local grocery store bought a load of them a while back, when I asked him how much he paid for them he said more than he should have done, he'd had them for about two weeks and only sold about five of them lol.. These things have been around since the first world war times when they invented the ball bearing lol.. Dads would bring them home to their kids to play with or just use them for using when the moment strikes as they can have a sort of calming effect on people oddly enough. But yeah, you could buy them and sell them on eBay and that, not sure what profit you would make after fees though! lol..

I saw fidget spinners at many stores, but I think people just try them out by taking them out of the packages to use them, and they use Amazon, and other online stores to buy them for $2 dollars for the cheapest 3 armed plastic spinners.

There are users who use YouTube to look for video tutorials on making Fidget spinners which teaches them how to make a cheap fidget spinner with a bearing, and handmade plastic or wood arms to super glue on the bearing's outer ring's wall.

I'll love using electronic devices until a huge solar flare wipes out all tech. :(

My brothers and I have playing cards that we use when there's a power outage or something. If there's a storm, or if the city is fixing up their electric lines and have to shut down power for a couple of hours, we play cards. Cards are fun since it's easy to learn and small to store, and besides, most of our items are electricity-operated, so there's basically nothing better to do anyway with our time.

My brothers and I have playing cards that we use when there's a power outage or something. If there's a storm, or if the city is fixing up their electric lines and have to shut down power for a couple of hours, we play cards. Cards are fun since it's easy to learn and small to store, and besides, most of our items are electricity-operated, so there's basically nothing better to do anyway with our time.

Playing games like cards can be fun with friends.

I don't collect anime cards like Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh cards. But, I enjoy looking at the artwork, reading the text description on cards, and watching people play anime based card games.

Board games, and skill based games like darts, horse shoe throwing, bowling, shooting toy guns like water guns and Nerf guns, and those carnival games like throwing a ball into a basket to win a prize can be fun way to spend my free time.

I know there are a lot of adults who collect action figures, model toy cars, and art work which they find enjoyable, and can probably spend hours looking at them, and building them like those Japanese Gundam Wing Action figures where you can spend many hours putting together a single model robot Gundam wing suit.

Back