Are some people forced to use Bittorrent to find old movies, music, and anime?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, I think Bittorrent maybe the only way to find classic movies, music, and anime which is sometimes very hard to find at a store, online streaming service like Netflix, and other places.

Plus, a lot of video stores like Blockbuster are now closed, so if there is no legal streaming or downloadable version of the movie from a service like iTunes, or Amazon Video, the only way to find the video maybe from Bittorent and download sites.

Only if its seeded though.

I do look for a lot of anime ost, which is hard to find.

Absolutely I think people use torrents to find old or rare content. I mean there's loads of stuff that isn't on netflix or hulu or whatever. (Possibly because, like games, ownership rights have gotten murky through repeated transfers and studio closures. Or because those streaming services have removed that content when their license to show it ran out.)

I also know people use torrents to share content that isn't available in their region either. Like there are some anime that are Japan only because they don't figure they'll make enough money off them to justify translating and dubbing... so fans take it upon themselves to translate and share so others can still enjoy those animes.

And I'm perfectly ok with them doing that.

pretty hard to find those sites though.

I agree it is pretty hard to find those sites. Some of the sites don't have an active community/forum, so there may not be a lot of new shows, anime, and movies to download if the community is not active.

I agree it is pretty hard to find those sites. Some of the sites don't have an active community/forum, so there may not be a lot of new shows, anime, and movies to download if the community is not active.
There are some big ones, such as warez-bb and tehparadox, where you can find a lot of rare movies and tv shows. There's a list of the most active ones here.

Back